“Fresh and simple”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was so glad to have read previous reviews mentioning no credit cards (but an ATM) and no reservations. We had perfect service from our server, Kaleia. she was thoughtful, very nice and efficient. I had a mixed plate of local and East Coast oysters...yum! Fresh, hot horseradish to make my own cocktail sauce and plenty of lemon. Dinners were plainly presented with lemon, tartar sauce (excellent) or cocktail sauce. Vegetables were simple with dried herbs. Dessert, a pear tart was delicious. No reason not to go here if you don't mind waiting.

There are newer reviews for Sea Chest Oyster Bar

Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you're staying at the Cambria Shores Inn (and I highly recommend you do), this fantastic restaurant is within walking distance. But be prepared for the long lines, as everyone who visits here and those who live here, know about this delicious gem off the ocean. I've seen people park themselves early and have a small sidewalk picnic with wine, bread, cheese while watching the ocean across the street. In my visit with my mother, we got very lucky that there was an open table we could slip into. All the things I had heard about it were so true. I'm not a big seafood person, but I would be if I lived in Cambria....

Reviewed August 7, 2014

What a great restaurant....people line up with wine and chairs to get in.....would recommend this restaurant...if you don't mind the wait.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our second trip to The Sea Chest equaled our fond memories of our first visit! We waited about 40 minutes for a table for 4. Our view included the sun setting over the ocean as we sipped champagne and celebrated my brothers/wife anniversary. Our delicious salads included a variety of toppings and tasty dressings. Generous servings of halibut, scallops and shrimp were the chosen entrees. Each cooked to perfection and served with fresh vegetables, and choices of rice or potatoes. Our server was engaging and treated the anniversary couple to a scrumptious chocolate creation for desert!

1  Thank traveler tales
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Food is always fresh and the service is great. Get there when it opens because there is always a wait which tell you about its popularity