“Good Food and Atmosphere”

Sea Chest Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at the Sand Pebble Inn which is a 2 minute walk to the Sea Chest. As other reviewers say get there early before it opens at 5:30pm due to no reservations. Also our hotel told us cash only so we were glad to have known that before we got there. There were 6 of us and the wait wasn't too bad but many people showed up before us. We were actually shocked that we got what I felt was the best table in the house which was a round table at the window facing the ocean. I had the Calamari Steak and it was huge and good, I could have split it with my husband and of course I gave him some. My husband had the shrimp and scallop pasta along with another one of our friends. Of course I sampled it and it was delicious (contrary to what another reviewer said). Staff was friendly & service was exceptional. We will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This place doesn't take reservations so its a good idea to show up a bit before they open and get in the line. We did this and were seated pretty quickly. The service and food were both excellent. We'll definitely eat here again the next time we're in the area.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great seafood and a good selection of appetizers, soups, salads and entrees., including many fresh items. Decent selection of wine. Friendly and helpful staff..
Reservations not accepted.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

What a disappointment. My husband had the pasta with shrimp and scallop. I had the sole. This restaurant was recommended to us by locals. The best part of the meal were the oysters my husband had and the clams I had. The horseradish was hot. The main courses were tasteless. We really enjoy well prepared flavorful food. If you do also, my suggestion is find somewhere else to eat.
Ambiance is back seat. We came for the food.

1  Thank truffleLuvr
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The fish is fresh and cooked simply, but to perfection. The Cioppino is the best I've had. It is always packed and they don't take reservations. We find it worth waiting for every time.