“FRESH New Zealand mussels!Fantastic Food.”

Sea Chest Oyster Bar
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Ventura, California
“FRESH New Zealand mussels!Fantastic Food.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

we are big seafood eaters and this place was recommended by the locals.It was the best Dinner we had in a long time.We ordered NZ mussels as an appetizer ..we have been to NZ and know when they truly ARE fresh.Then scallops....big tasty ...so many ! And also a Seafood stew (choppino)that had crab,mussels ,calamari,fish,tasy broth...there was so much quality seafood we had to take some home!..no room for desert
AND AWESOME CLAM CHOWDER TOO!!!!!

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Terrible food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

On our unplanned stop at Cambria, we were told that Sea Chest is the best seafood restaurant in the whole county........really hope that's not true!!! The service was good, the wine selection was excellent, but the food....one of the worst meals ever! I ordered scallops and my husband ordered calamari steak. My scallops were tasteless, gummy, without butter...not good. I can make better scallops and I don't cook. My husband's "lightly breaded calamari" might as well have been anything else deep fried....disgusting. The potatoes and pasta that accompanied our meals were not any better. To top it all off, we were given dirty silverware. We didn't even try desert.

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Our favorite dinner spot in Cambria!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Perfect sunset dining with amazing locally caught seafood! Don't miss the pearl in the oyster of the central coast. Come in and enjoy the delightful nautical atmosphere and local favors. Out of towers and local mingle in the friendly confines and the setting is wonderful. Did I mention the fantastic Morro Bay Oysters and the multiple fresh caught filets from the Monterey area... Must dine here!

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Onw of the best meals we ate when travvling. great ambience...reminded me of an old Cornish pub with fresh fish and great wine.....

Visited May 2012
Irvine,CA
“Great seafood place”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very fresh seafood.
Not the best service. They broke my beer glass
with 1/3 of the beer left,charged me a full price.

Visited September 2012