Cambria Shores Inn
FogCatcher Inn(Cambria)
$209
$178
Sand Pebbles Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$152
Blue Dolphin Inn(Cambria)
$161
Sea Otter Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$125
Cambria Palms Motel(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$81
$77
Fireside Inn on Moonstone Beach(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$152
El Colibri Hotel and Spa(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$144
Pelican Inn & Suites(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$161
Hotwire.com
Cambria Pines Lodge(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$259
$229
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)(Great Value!)
$140
$129
Oceanpoint Ranch
All reviewsbrowniebreakfast basketadirondack chairswelcome basketbagelscookiesdog friendly hotelpicnic basketmoonstone beachacross the streetdog ownersevery morningocean viewrain showersip winehearst castleflat screen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2006

This was the second time I've stayed at Cambria Shores, chosen because of their pet friendly status. This property occupies a prime spot on Moonstone Beach Dr. Very friendly staff. I did notice though that I was charged 20.00 per night more than I was quoted when making my reservations. Noticed this as we were well on our way up the coast. We were there for three nights. Beautiful weather. Prime sunset viewing from their vast lawn with tables and chairs provided.

So much about this place is quaint. Almost everyone there has a dog, so it's really convenient. So disappointing though once you open the door to the room. The beds, rugs, pillows and pictures on the walls are old and worn. Certainly everything seemed clean, but just absolutely thread bare. Even down to the items provided in the doggie basket. The doggie blanket for the bed and the placemat for the doggie food were thrift store rejects.

The bathroom was clean. But a picture had been hung strategically very low near the toilet to cover a hole in the wall. A picture to cover a hole? Maybe a handy man is in order? Also the wiring of the place must be old. There are big signs in the rooms asking that only one electrical appliance be used at a time or a fuse would blow. That meant no blow dryer while the microwave was in use. A litle disconcerting to say the least.

Night two I went to use the ironing board. As I lifted it off the wall I was treated to a fistful of small sharp shards of paint that were flaking from the legs of the ironing board. Flakes on me, on the floor, cutting my hands! When was the last time anyone had checked this out? The iron leaked as well. Lastly, the breakfast delivered to the room was almost inedible. Orange juice provided in a cracked plastic carafe. Saran wrapped day old Costco muffins and bagels. No butter. Some cream cheese and a bruised apple and banana hung on the wall outside the room in a basket. Really unappetizing.

This is such a kitschy cute place! Some new linens, a bit of maintenance and an improved breakfast would make all the difference in the world.

As we were leaving the desk clerk handed up a flyer for a discount on our next stay. Sadly, unless I read of an improvement in status here, there won't be another stay.

I visit Cambria two to three times a year. It's my favorite place on earth. I'm returning next weekend for a girls weekend. We've chosen another property on Moonstone Drive.

If I return with my dog I will have to either rent a pet friendly house or find another establishment that allows pets.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank Guffaws
Reviewed November 7, 2006

After staying the previous night in Las Vegas, we were so fortunate to discover this gem of a hotel on our journey up the wonderful Californian coastline to San Francisco. The hotel was so peaceful, the location beautiful and the management charming. We could only stay 2 nights but wish it could have been longer. We hope to return.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Hardbank
Reviewed July 25, 2006

This is a wonderful hotel located on the beautiful california coast. In the morning they brought breakfast to our door, with wonderful muffins, bagels, and fresh fruit. The staff is the most friendly I've ever incountered. This is an older hotel but is exactly what you need to relax from your everyday routines. Don't forget to bring your dog... This is the most dog friendly hotel that I've ever stayed at. THEY HAVE BASKETS FOR EVERY DOG..... The three ocean view lawns are perfect for the dogs, and the views are spectacular..

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rastajams
Reviewed July 6, 2006

We selected Cambria Shores Inn Hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and because we were travelling with our dog, so we needed a pet-friendly hotel. Based on the reviews, I was expecting a modest hotel near the ocean. Boy, was I surprised when we got there. From the outside, it looks like a dilapidated Motel 6. From the inside, it makes Motel 6 look positively luxurious. Upon entering the room, I immediately noticed the carpet - it looked dirty and old. The shower stall had hairs in it and the corner of the wall next to the shower had a small hole in it towards the bottom. There was also lime buildup all over the shower stall. I guess what rankles me the most is that we paid $200 a night for this room. And yes, it was directly across from the ocean, but come on...put some money back into the property to renovate it and clean it up a little, will ya? It smacked of greedy property owners who are just trying to milk the property for all the cash they can get.

8  Thank SoCalGal77