“Renew Your Spirit at Cambria Shores Inn”
Review of Cambria Shores Inn

Cambria Shores Inn
Ranked #6 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Anaheim
“Renew Your Spirit at Cambria Shores Inn”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Cambria Shores Inn really is the place to go to Renew Your Spirit. I have stayed at this property several times since it has been remodeled, and I just can't say enough about it. The friendly staff, the comfy beds, the fireplace, the plasma television, the kitchen nook with microwave and refrigerator--a home away from home. But best of all, this inn is really dog friendly. They don't just tolerate dogs, they treat them as VIPs (very important pooches). If you have been feeling burnt out, as I had, this is the place to go. Warm cookies and a million dollar ocean view shared with your dog. What could be better than that?

2 Thank Wheatens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
bay area
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Cambria - my favorite place to go except this time.
Cambria Shores Inn recently remodeled SOME of the rooms but even at that, poor design, unpeaceful paintings. New towel racks don't hold the towels, large shower head which pours out in one spot, poor plumbing, dusty rooms, our breakfast in the basket was exactly the same for 2 days with mold on the fruit the second day. When informing the owner of its shortcomings and needed repairs, he became very defensive. What ever happen to good customer friendly service when its our time and money spent there??
Advice: Owner and Staff get some PR training and get a new interior designer, contractor, major facelift and cleaning staff who know how to clean.

Won't go back there again!

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — Cambria Shores Inn
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank artwars
SF Bay Area
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I found this Inn on "dogfriendly.com" while I was searching for a place to stay along the northern central coast with my large dog. Often, when I travel with her, the only options are "Motel 6"-like accommodations. Wow, was this a pleasant surprise.
The location directly across from the ocean, the impeccably friendly service, and the newly remodeled rooms (decorated thoughtfully and tastefully) were enough to win me over. Add to that the continental breakfast delivered each morning in a basket to the door, and the succulent landscaping with the comfortable Adirondak chairs facing the ocean seducing guests to relax in the front yard. The owners are not kidding when they say they treat you like a family!
A common exchange I had with the guests I ran into: "We're going to make this an annual trip and return to the Cambria Shores Inn. See you next year!" And I for one mean it -- no doubt the others do too.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank Dulce_Vida_SFBayArea
Fallbrook,
Reviewed August 29, 2007

Just returned from 2 nights at Cambria Shores Inn. Our expectations were exceded. This is a compeletly-renovated place right across from gorgeous Moonstone Beach. The new furninshing are plush and top-of-the line. The staff is amazingly friendly and accomodating. This hotel is extremely dog friendly, too. We are going back in two months, and will be back again and again. Do not be dismayed by the reviews from 2005/2006 reporting dirty, ungly rooms. The place has been complelety remodeled. Our room was spotless. It had a fireplace; lovely bedding, artistic fixtures. This hotel is a gem.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank barbgomo
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviewed August 19, 2007

This is the place to stay in Cambria! From the moment you walk into the office area where you check in...you feel like you are at home. Everyone is SO nice, helpful and very genuine. I decided to get away for the weekend with my dog and this looked like the place to stay...and was I right!

Everything you need when staying in Cambria is found at this hotel. The beds are comfortable, the TV's are new...flat screen plasma's, the towels are thick and soft and added bonus of having a small fridge, coffee maker AND microwave was really nice. I really looked forward to my delivery of my Breakfast basket with great items in it to eat and save also to snack on during the day (apples/bananas). Not sure how I will adjust when I get home....

My dog and I really had a great time there....lots of folks were travelling with their dogs, and were guests as well. The only thing that folks need to keep in mind is that you have to drive to get to a beach that you can take your dog on....and even then they have to be leashed. That was the only downside, but Cayucos was 15 minutes south and on that beach most dogs were off leash. It is a cute town and it makes for a fun day trip....(great place to wear out your puppy so that they sleep well in a strange place!)

I can't wait to go back and have some more fun. The staff couldn't have been nicer and I will be sure to recommend this to my friends and family

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank steph5803
London
Reviewed August 3, 2007

We were planning on staying in Big Sur, but couldn't find any rooms there. Instead we drove on to Saint Simeon to find a bed for the night. On our arrival there we weren't very inspired by the group of motels on the side of a highway, so drove on the short distance to Cambria.

We had seen the Cambria Shores Inn in our Lonely Planet Guide and decided to see if they had a room available. From the moment we stepped into the reception, we were made to feel incredibly welcome by Tim who offered to show us the room before we took it. On seeing the room we were sold...if we weren't already by the welcome or maybe it was the complimentary canapes and home baked cookies, or even the promise of home made brownies. Tim offered to help us with a recommendation for dinner in the town and even booked our table for us.

The hotel is situated on the coast with beautiful views and walks right on your doorstep.

The room had been recently renovated and looked brand new. There were lovely touches making it feel very homely. Breakfast was served as promised in a wicker basket hung on a hook outside the door, so we were able to have breakfast in bed.

There was a beautifully put together guide to the hotel, including the facilities available for bringing your dog. We were slightly concerned that this may mean that we would be kept awake by barking or that the place would smell of dogs, but far from it.

There was also a large flat screen TV and a DVD player to watch one of the complimentary DVD library (more than 200 at the last count).

The town of Cambria is very quaint and a welcome break from the tourist traps. On our departure we drove up through the wine country which was gorgeous and a lovely end to our stay in Cambria.

If you are after a small, good value, quirky motel with freindly staff this is the one for you.

• Liked — The friendly staff and attention to detail.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GooseyB
Redondo Beach, CA
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Wonderful Place to stay!! the people were very nice, and even though they take dogs there, I couldn't smell one oder or see one hair in the most updated beautiful rooms. The decor was beautiful, amenitys plentiful, and the most comfortable bed I stayed in up north on our vacation. The continental breakfast was fresh and really good. Nice touch having it delivered to your room. The coffee in the office at all times is a wonderful comfort as well. I highly recommend this place to anyone and will stay there the next time we are in Cambria

• Liked — comfort, cleanliness, location and nice people.
  • Disliked — nothing