“Not as good as it used to be”

Linn's Fruit Bin Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Preserves, bakery, gift baskets
Big Bear Region, California
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I debated whether to give Linn's 3 or 4 stars. The atmosphere is nice. The Ollalieberry baked goods are amazing, but the food isn't really that special and is way overpriced. We discovered Linn's many years ago and it was alot better then. We aren't sure will return to Linn's, unless it's to pick up something from the bakery.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Camarillo, California
“Always the best”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We always stop at Linn's for lunch or brunch when we are in the area. And as usual, we were not disappointed. My wife had the soup and sandwich combo, and the chowder was excellent ( and, no, the clams are not from Pismo, we asked, so now you don't have to). I had a Hearst Ranch burger and it was one the best restaurant burgers I've ever had. I also recommend their cole slaw,the olalliberry vinaigrette works! We indulged in dessert and had the white cream cake. Yes it was $7.50 a slice, but worth the price and the calories. Yes,you may pay a bit to eat here, but to us it is a treat and we love it. Our waiter was even attentive to the fact the POS overcharged us $5. Both he and Mr. Linn ( I apologize for forgetting his first name) quickly resolved the issue. I deeply appreciate the fact they went the extra mile to resolve the issue, when many other places in touristy areas wouldn't bother to care about something like that. To the Linn family, we will be back at Linn's before too long.

1 Thank Terrie113
Fresno, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Salads at Linn's”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had late lunch so stopped in for a chicken salad dinner. Salad was delicious, but only got half a chicken breast on the salad for $15.00. Salad's came with a little tiny bit of bread and preserves to spread on it. On the way out we bought two muffins that looked delicious but were actually a little dry. Great atmosphere and service.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Interesting dinner menu in an attractive setting”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Three of us in our family ate here during a trip to Cambria, it was very convenient as we walked across the road from our inn to get there. I noticed they have several menus, and serve Breakfast, lunch and dinner; we ate there for dinner. We split an appetizer of sweet potato fries, and a main course of Berry Chicken which were tasty but I felt were overpriced, and one of us had a bowl of soup, basil tomato, which was very good. The bread they serve you with the ollallieberry jam is delicious. We saved room for dessert, the olliallieberry pie with vanilla ice cream which was indeed outstanding. The decor of the restaurant is very pleasing with artwork and terrific lighting. I would go back again and try them at a different meal, probably lunch, if I did not live so very far away , like 3000 miles!

Bakersfield, California
“One dinner okay, the other awful!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at Linn's and to be honest, I'll never go back! I've been a fan of Linn's preserves for some time, so was looking forward to eating at their restaurant. The ambiance is fine and the service was okay. My husband ordered the crab Louis salad and he very much enjoyed it. I chose their "signature" chicken pot pie and it was just awful! First, both the pot pie and mashed potatoes were cold. The little pitcher of gravy was so cold, the mark my fork left when tasting it initially was still in the gravy when the busboy removed my plate. While no amount of salt could offset the blandness of the food, at the same time everything was seasoned oddly. It all seemed like frozen food which had been partially nuked and then served. The Swanson frozen chicken pot pies of my youth were vastly superior to Linn's chicken pot pie! A very disappointing dinner experience.

Visited August 2013