“Good breakfast...or grab some goodies to go”

Linn's Fruit Bin Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Preserves, bakery, gift baskets
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Good breakfast...or grab some goodies to go”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I have been here a few times, once or twice before the fire a few years back.
While I'm not happy about the fire they experienced, it seems to have been a bad thing that turned out for the better. They restaurant got a facelift...of sorts. It's bit art deco meets country shabby chic.
The breakfast here is hearty and good. The coffee could be a better brew.
Our latest stop was for dessert in the little eat in area for food purchased at the counter. The chocolate cake was pretty good, but a bit pricey. The hubby was very happy with his cheesecake. Our afternoon snack ended up being close to $20!
Still worth a stop while in town. Grab some goodies to go at the counter or order inside.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a nice dinner on the last night on my vacation. Server was very rude and didn't check in on us once, but the bus boy was very nice and attentive. Building was clean and well maintained. Food was mediocre.

• Visited July 2013
“HOMEMADE crust on quiche, beet salad & Pie Perfection!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

They have there own garden to grow herbs and veggies. The quiche crust was buttery and perfect, tastes like mama made it. They had vegetarian pot pies I will try next time. My meat eating hubby loved the meatloaf. We spit a beet salad that was incredible! Took pie back to hotel, incredible! Kids loved the HUGE PORTIONS of kids mac and cheese. A must go for Cambria. champagne drink with blueberry was yummy as well. MAKE A RESERVATION. WE WALKED IN AND SAT RIGHT DOWN. But the wait was 45 min!

1 Thank Giannakatrine
Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wish I had come for dinner, not just dessert!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After an inedible plate of swill at the West End Bar & Grill, my husband and went looking for some delicious desserts so the evening wouldn't be a total bust...we found it!

We ordered 2 muffins, a cupcake and a pastry. I can honestly say that these are some of the best baked goods I have ever had! I just wish we had been there for dinner as well.

Tehachapi
“Great food, good service, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had the steak salad. The steak was cooked as I asked for, the salad was very tasty and plenty of it. My husband had the seafood pot pie. It was tasty and well prepared. Thier prices are a little higher than we usually like pay, but I know they have to travel a distance for their supplies, so it is to be expected and worth it. We will be "Be Backs" when in Cambria again.

Visited July 2013