“High cost for terrible food”

Linn's Fruit Bin Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Preserves, bakery, gift baskets
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had lunch yesterday at Linn's and the food was just terrible! My husband had the shrimp and scallop linguini and looked like and tasted like a microwave meal. My quiche was no better. There was maybe three small bites of salmon in the salmon artichoke quiche. Service was sketchy at best. This has always been a favorite restaurant of ours, but we will never eat there again. The meal cost a fortune and was terrible.

1  Thank Paula M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We shared the Hearst burger which is local grass fed beef and coconut shrimp. Food was great. They had a wonderful local wine selection and amazing deserts.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We wanted a quick bite as we were on the road - and not knowing a 'soup & sandwich' type of place, my wife a recommendation from a friend so we stopped (and it's easy to find as well).

The menu caused us to change our plans to a relaxed dinner. While not elaborate, the menu included a variety of 'comfort' foods and we were delighted with our choices. No room for dessert but inside the bakery case they looked mouthwatering! The preparation was top flight - my overall rating reflects the 'casual' rather than formal atmosphere.

The comfortable atmosphere in the sit-down dining room was OK (views of the street) but the food was great. We'll be back the next time we bring out-of-towners up this way for some tourism therapy!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Locals know about Linn's olallieberry pies which can be found at various markets on the central coast. But if you go to the restaurant, you can sample other products made with this delightful berry including muffins, jam, and even tea! The problem is to save room for the incredible dessert offerings, all displayed in the glass case that is in the front of the restaurant. We went for lunch and enjoyed: cobb salad, chicken caesar salad, soup and salad, and a huge quesadilla .....all delicious and served with two kinds of bread and some olallieberry jam. Could not find room for dessert, but the option remains to buy something from the bakery and take it home for later. Be sure to visit the farm store behind the restaurant where all the frozen pies can be purchased, as well as other foods and kitchen items.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We dined at Linn's for breakfast Saturday, Feb 4, 2013 on our way to LA from Monterey. This place was awesome. I only wish we had've discovered it for dinner the night before. We stayed overnight in San Simeon and the receptionist at the hotel kept directing us to restaurants in San Simeon. I did not fire up my laptop until after dinner to check on breakfast places for the am. That is when I discovered Linns. The food was OUTSTANDING. I had the famous ollaliberry muffin and I am not a big sweets eater but it was pretty good. i admire the hard work and dedication of the owners and their story as much as we enjoyed the home cooked breakfast. My husband and cousin both said that the breakfast biscuits were the BEST!!! Fresh and good. We will definitely stop here again when we are in the area.