“Great Home-style Meals”

Description: Preserves, bakery, gift baskets
Napa, California
“Great Home-style Meals”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a true find in the village. They serve great home-style food, and the service was fine! They make very good pies! The attached store was fun to browse with lots of goodies to take home!
Definitely stop in when you are in Cambria

Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Southern California
“Cozy Restaurant”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had been given a 2 for 1 dinner at Linne's by the Cambria Pines Lodge where we stayed. Dinners ranged between $15 -$30. Food was definitely homemade and it was a very sizeable portion. We could have shared one dinner between us. Service was excellent from our waiter, Jason (I believe). Food was very good and the restaurant was very nice. Linne's specializes in desserts. My wife had a seafood pot pie which she loved and I had beef stoganof.. The only complaint had with the stroganof was that I did not have any veggies. Food was still good and filling as neither of us could finish our meal.

Visited October 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good food nice atmomsphore the muffin where to die for the pies look good too service was good but slow pick up check

Oxnard, California
“Too fancy for a small quaint town”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Linns Restaurant was a a restaurant that had gift items, great deserts and good food. But then after a fire the place was torn down and rebuilt. It lost its charm and was replaced it with luxary. In my estimation for a small town you need the home style feeling. It what Linn's Oliberry pies where all about. Simplicity with home cooking. Now although Linn's Restaurant is a very lovely place I think they rebuilt it on too high of a scale for a small quaint town feeling. After all is that not why we go to Cambria to enjoy the small quite town nestled in the pine trees that brings us back to nature and a slower pace? I miss the old Linns style restaurant, the way it use to be!

Visited March 2012
San Jose, California
“Surprising Ollieberry pie”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Linn's is famous for its ollieberry pies and jams. The berry, a relative of the blackberry, is delicate and doesn't travel well, so you don't find it in too many stores. It's been a few years since I've eaten at Linn's but it was always one of the 'must stop' places on any trip down Highway 1, if only for a sweet desert. My memory of the scrumptious ollieberry pie I've had on several visits was strong and I knew I wanted to try it again. This time I was disappointed. It looked like a small slice of a supermarket frozen pie with the crust burnt at the edges. As good as the berry filling was, it was offset by the poor crust and minimal presentation.
My companion's choice, bread pudding, was good, much better than the pie, so I'll chalk this up to the power of memory over reality.
The service was friendly and fast, and you can buy ollieberry jam along with other goods to take the memory home.

• Visited September 2012