“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Linn's Fruit Bin Restaurant

Linn's Fruit Bin Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ny, ny
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

Got engaged earlier in the day along the PCH... Stayed overnight in Cambria... Couldn't have been a nicer place to enjoy a wonderful meal, great local wine, and homemade dessert with my new fiance...

Visited December 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Mentor, Ohio
“Customer Service Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

First went to Linn's over 15 years ago and thought that the place was great. It was quaint and had a great small town feel, plus the olalliebery pie was wonderful. Went there a few times after that (when we were in the area) and also have ordered food products online. We were sad about their fire, but were more sad when we noticed that the new location seemed to have lost its quaintness.

The last time we were in there in person was about a year ago. The place had more of a fast food atmosphere with fine dining prices, although the pie was still good. Dishes were left on tables and the service was just fair. I got the sense that they were losing their customer service focus.

My last transaction was admittedly a mail order, but I think that it reflects where this establishment is trending. I paid a fairly high shipping fee and then found out that it was going to take eight days for the product to arrive. I complained to the company and received a fairly argumentative response that they only ship product as a convenience to their customers and their focus on customer service is only on Central California.

The email basically told me to go pound salt, when all that I was looking for was a "we are sorry". I think that this lack of good customer service response is evident in some of the other reviews. It is a sad contrast to fond memories, but I will not be going back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Palo Alto, California
“Wonderful Food - You must try this when you are in Cambria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Found Linn's by accident. It's a nice building, has a bakery and gift store in the entrance of the restaurant. We went for lunch. I had the Seafood Pot Pie which was delicious. It came with salad with their wonderful dressing (that is also sold in the store). Everyone in our party thought the food was delicious, and we decided to go back for breakfast the next morning. Again, everything was delicious, and everyone in our party was very satisfied. We bought frozen pot pies, and frozen fruit pies to go (their specialty is Ollalieberry). Service was friendly and efficient. They also have mail order pies. This is a must try restaurant. You won't be disappointed!

Long Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sit-down dinner at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

If you have time and you're not in a hurry this place is a "must"! Most of the food is prepared fresh; which is worth the wait to me. I took my twins to dinner here based on other reviews that I read. The atmosphere is much better than I anticipated. No really a cafe' as much as a very tastfully decorated dining room. I had the Cordon-Bleu which was VERY delicious. My kids ate off the kids menu which is very extensive as kids menus go. My daughter had the ribs which were delicious. The sauce is home-made with a kick that tasted of horseradish. My son had the favorite stand-by, chickenfingers. They were suprisingly fine quality for a choice from the kids menu. For dessert we had the creme brulee' which was the BEST I've ever had! I tend to drink lemonade when we go out as I don't drink alcohol. Linn's lemonade takes the stand-by one step further by adding olallaberrys to the juice, YUM! The service was top-notch. I have no complaints at all. If you have the time and are ready for a delightful adventure this is the place for you!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Throwback11
Roseburg, Oregon
“Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

We had a terrific dinner at Linn's. Sand Dabs and baseball steak. Pleasant interior and staff were attentive.

Visited December 2011