“OMG! What a surprise!”

Description: Preserves, bakery, gift baskets
New Orleans, Louisiana
“OMG! What a surprise!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stopped by Linn's by accident just looking for a place for lunch on our way upmthe Pacific Highway. I ordered the fried Chicken dinner and my husband ordered the Quice Lorraine. Both dishes were delicious. The treat was the desserts! I had the Pecan Pie and my husband had the Ollaliberry Cream Cake. I have never had a cake that delicious and moist. The pie was fabulous and I am a Southerner so I know good Pecan Pie. You must stop by Linn's and if nothing else have some great desserts!

1 Thank kmik1110

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
“Great atmosphere and very friendly staff”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Great stop along the way to Hearst Castle and Big Sur. Take food to go for the trip. The owner was very friendly and shared his homemade pickles with us. Everything was fresh, organic and delicious. The pies are great too.

1 Thank ColefamilyCommack
Duluth, Georgia
“Great desserts in nice setting”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We visited the newer location on Main Street in town. We had four different desserts, all were good however the lemon-olalliberry meringue had hardly any lemon in it. They do have pies and jellies that they will ship as well as a nice assortment of gourmet gifts-typical of what you might see in an upsale gift shop.

1 Thank ahagler
Grover Beach, California
“MMMMM is the word!”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Well we finally made it to Linn's, and we were not disapointed. It was as good as I had heard. We went in for desert ofcourse, but the menu had some yummy choices, so we had lunch/breakfast and desert. I had a beef sandwich with sauerkraut, mmm, and a soup of the day -like a chicken tortilla soup. my husband thoroughly loved his steak and eggs,the meat was cooked and seasoned just right. It was mouthwatering to say the least. Desert was BIG! cinnamon rolls, cheesecake and a brownie topped w vanilla icecream, fudge syrup. So if you are in the area of San LUis Obispo,about 30 min away off hwy101, give it a try. Its a sweet little town, with cute little shops and lots of stuff to see or buy! pick up desert and enjoy at the beach down the road. Its worth the trip!

Santa Monica, California
“$103 for dinners we barely ate”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We feel, sadly, that there are no really good restaurants in Cambria, and have tried almost all. Someone said Linn's had really great chicken pot pie, so we said, "Why not?" We will have a comfort meal. We discovered, though, that all four pot pies on the menu contained onions, which we can't eat. So we decided on the pepito-crusted salmon and the sea bass special. $26 and $24 respectively, which is a lot of money to pay in a coffee-shop type restaurant. Both fishes were overcooked and dry. You want your salmon to be succulent, slightly translucent in the middle, and juicy. This was not. I could not even eat 50% of it, nor could my husband his sea bass. Maybe we were wrong in trying to get well-prepared fish in a bakery restaurant, but if they have it on the menu, they should know how to prepare it. The waiter did not even notice or care that we didn't eat even half, and since he did not ask, I volunteered that the fishes were both overdone and dry. His response: "I'll buy your dessert!" (Mine, not both, a $6 value). Not the right response. Not the response I think would have been appropriate. The dessert was a "Boston cream pie." There were several problems: the cake was loose and crumbly, not tight and smooth as it should be; there was a tiny layer of cream filling; and a huge heavy slab of chocolate on the top that could not even be cut. It just lunged to the left and right. I think a place that prides itself on its baked goods should be able to produce a proper Boston cream pie. If you have had it right, you know how it should be.

$103 for dinners we barely ate. To be fair, $30 of this was in 4 glasses of wine, but still...