“Delightful and Delicious”

The Tea Cozy
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Tea Cozy is an authentic English tea room located in Cambria, California on historic Bridge Street and residing in the Thorndyke House built in the 1870's. We are just minutes away from America's enchanted Hearst Castle and proudly serve homemade traditional British lunches and tea all day. The Tea Cozy is pleased to offer an array of tea blends that you won't find anywhere else. We also carry gifts for the tea lover and a wide variety of English groceries. Please visit us or shop online.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First off, I love visiting the charming village of Cambria. It is such a magical place! Each time we visit we make sure to have afternoon tea at The Tea Cozy. I have partaken in a number of afternoon teas around the world from London, England to Buenos Aires, Argentina as well as locally around the state of California. In my opinion, the afternoon teas served at The Tea Cozy rank high on my list. We usually order the Royal Tea for Two and add an additional sandwich along with a cup of soup for each of us. I have found everything to be scrumptious. The soups taste homemade, as I am sure they are. Only one time did I have a soup that was not to my personal liking....I felt it was a little too sweet (butternut squash with apple, I think). The atmosphere is warm and charming with friendly, albeit slow (from my experience), service. I don't mind the slow service. On the contrary, it is a nice change of pace from my usually hectic lifestyle. This is not one of those restaurants where lunch is served in "30 minutes or less or it's free". For those complaining about the high cost, they must not be familiar with the market price for standard afternoon teas having all the accompaniments. I find prices at The Tea Cozy to be what one would expect at a tea house that serves a full afternoon tea.

1  Thank 114Michelle

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband picked this place from a review on Tripadvisor. Very cute place. Great tea but the food was marginal. It was tasty but I expected more for the price we paid. Service was slow but there was only 2 servers for the amount of people in the place. Very charming. Would I go there again...no.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

pricy but cute. Perfect if you want to spend 2 hours here relaxing and sipping great tea, and eating real tea type of food. My mother in law comes here every month, and loves it!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Lovely, quiet rest stop with amazing food and very friendly staff. More teas than all of London! Nice tunes!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

After a very positive experience this past summer, I took my wife to the Tea Cozy for lunch on a sunny November afternoon. A very knowledgeable, sweet and hard working young waitress guided us to the right tea and lunch selections. Surprisingly, they had a vegan option, a vegetarian patty, that was absolutely delicious. My wife ordered a traditional British finger sandwich and the soup of the day -- a tomato and bacon chowder that was out of this word.
This is one of our favorite spots to lunch and enjoy an excellent choice of tea, authentic British food and a surprisingly creative selection of non-traditional dining choices for such an establishment (Like burgers and chili). It's a relaxed, unhurried, totally enjoyable experience. We'll be back! (Attention Beer Lovers: You can enjoy a pint here, too!)