“Wonderful!! A+ A+ A+”

The Tea Cozy
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Tea Cozy is an authentic English tea room located in Cambria, California on historic Bridge Street and residing in the Thorndyke House built in the 1870's. We are just minutes away from America's enchanted Hearst Castle and proudly serve homemade traditional British lunches and tea all day. The Tea Cozy is pleased to offer an array of tea blends that you won't find anywhere else. We also carry gifts for the tea lover and a wide variety of English groceries. Please visit us or shop online.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have been coming to the Tea Cozy for quite a few years now, and although the previous owners were great, the food to us is even better now. Tina, the owner, is such a lovely person and makes you feel right at home.

We even met a wonderful couple there, and had great conversation. Duane and Sharon who live in Cambria and have eaten here for several years think it is even better under Tina's management as well.

The Royal Tea for Two is fantastic!!

Ed and Margie C.

1  Thank Ed and Margie C
tlnickell63, Owner at The Tea Cozy, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I live in San Luis Obispo and we frequent the Tea Cozy every couple months or so, and it is always wonderful. Our very first time we went there was the day he proposed to me, and every time we return our visit is as special as the last. The food is perfect, the tea is UNMATCHED, and the service is excellent. I am very girly and my husband is definitely a man's man, and we both enjoy every bit of our visits to the tea cozy. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this place, and I'm so glad that so many others have discovered how amazing this place really is.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

While visiting my friend in California, we made a trip up to Cambria. Being an avid tearoom lover myself, we stopped and had tea at this "cozy" tearoom! What a WONDERFUL time we had! Everything was EXCELLENT! We ordered their Royal Tea for Two - the food was delicious and plentiful! They had a good variety of quality loose leaf tea to choose from! It was all very yummy! Both the waitress and owner were very cheerful and attentive to my friend and I. Thank you for making our tea experience so lovely and memorable! I look back at our time there with a smile and 'cozy' feeling in my heart! Thank you! I can't wait to re-turn! This tearoom is a MUST if you're visiting anywhere near Cambria!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Tea Cozy in Cambria is a marvelous restaurant, which provides the customer a classy dining experience without the high cost. The restaurant itself is very charming and pleasant. The walls are adorned with English trinkets of nostalgic value, and beautiful classical music fills the rooms with delight. Not to mention, the food is absolutely scrumptious! My family was served an assortment of ambrosial teas, including sticky toffee pudding and chocolate mint. For lunch, we had classic English finger sandwiches, combined with a delectable scone, which came with customary jam and clotted cream. If one is interested in a lighter lunch, the Tea Cozy also serves healthful, yet equally satisfying soups and salads. After the exquisite meal my family had, the owner of the Tea Cozy, Tina, made herself aquatinted with us. She was ever so kind and gracious, offering to make us a soup of our choice the next day, seeing as we were planning to go to The Tea Cozy again. The second day was just as gratifying as the first, making The Tea Cozy in Cambria a place I will hold as a cherished memory spent in the company of friends and family.

1  Thank GenaB888
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This little gem serves great High Tea for those of us who want to really sit down, relax, and just drink in the atmosphere that is as delicious as the tea! The tea sandwiches are great, the tea selection is varied and tasty, and the service was wonderful! We enjoyed the "Secret Garden" out back, taking in the beautiful little flower garden, sunshine and quiet music. It was really a wonderful way to stop time—sip tea, enjoy tea sandwiches, fresh fruit, scones and teatime sweets—feeling very special with the help of this wonderful little tea shop! The interior is just as sweet as the garden, with teatime decor rounding out the quiet ambience of this unique little shop, which also sells their delightful tea, china, tea cozies, and tea accessories. Give it a try, and immerse yourself in teatime heaven!