“Good but...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Carlsbad, California
“Good but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Hard to mess up Italian and they did not but it was not "spectacular". Had the special baked ravioli, mushroom and Gorgonzola cheese and it was good but, like I said, not out of this world but filling for sure:-)

Visited November 2013

Bakersfield, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Been here approximately 15 times for 20 years. Same tasteful food it always has been. Love the spaghetti and sausage , wife loves the egg plant. Nice lunch menu cheap.

• Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“Seems to be going through some changes, not all good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have reviewed this place before and gave it glowing reports, but after my most recent visit, I don't feel they deserve it any longer.

First of all, a longtime, excellent waitress (PC be damned) was not in evidence and the one we had did not completely understand English............or wine. Our very ordinary meal for 4 ( salad for my husband, pasta with garlic for me; an Italian sub and chicken parmesan, and 4 glasses of wine came to almost $100.00. When my husband questioned the bill that showed EIGHT glasses of wine ( only two of us had wine), they argued, then reluctantly took off one glass. The Manager claimed a "language" problem. Since I am English born and my husband and son and his son are all USA born, I can only assume she meant on their part. Since we were on our way to see a play, we did not pursue it further but my husband was still fuming next day.

We have always had good experiences before and recommended this restaurant for good, inexpensive Italian food, but they need to review their waitstaff before they lose all the local business they have enjoyed for years.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Real Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a take away pizza on our first visit and it was so tasty we returned the next night and had a pasta dish. We both thoroughly enjoyed our chosen dish and would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the areas. PS the house cab sav was also delicious.

Visited October 2013
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Delightful friendly staff....very well cooked meal...I had Seafood Ravioli which came with a side salad and garlic bread, my husband had Rosemary Chicken, pasta and garlic bread...excellent...shut very early though...no chance for a dessert! X

Visited October 2013