“Overall good experience ”
Review of The Sow's Ear Cafe

The Sow's Ear Cafe
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stumped upon this place randomly and we really had a great time. I ordered the special, salmon, and it was my best meal in Cambria. The service was great too. I would definitely come back.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We recently visited the Sow's Ear while in the Cambria area. The restaurant, on Main Street in town, is a has a cozy ambiance and features a varied menu, but with limited offerings for a vegitarian. We started off with the stuffed mushrooms, a large portion which was well prepared and loaded with a cheese stuffing. For her entre, my wife had the Pot Roast while I ordered the Short Rib. While both were large portions, with yummy mashed potatoes, we agreed that each of our dishes were lacking. Service was good but not great. Our feeling was that there were other restaurants in Cambria that we would have preferred.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Loved the bread baked in a pot.

My sister, mom and I shared a wonderful meal. We ordered chicken fried steak and the pork with olallieberry preserves on it. Both were wonderful, but the pork was perfectly cooked, with a hint of smokey peppery flavor. It was one of the best flavors I've experienced. My sister closed her eyes and savored the taste!

We then shared some bread pudding that was fantastic. A wonderful meal in a cozy place with a fireplace.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

So very disappointed in the steak we were served - ordered rare and it arrived tough and riddled with gristle. When we let the server know she did offer to replace it but the meal was already nearly over. It would have made a difference if the manager had come out instead of dumping the problem on the server. It would also have been classy if they had simply not charged for the meal but none of that happened. The best thing about this place was the fireplace. The staff needs to be trained not to call grown women sweetie. Two ears down.

1  Thank epohl57
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The clerk at the hotel we were staying at recommened this as a place to eat. My wife had the fresh salmon with citrus balsamic glaze and I had the chicken with a peach glaze both meals were fantastic. The meals also came with fresh bread and a choice of soup or salad. We both had the salad which was made fresh along with their dressings. I had the lime and honey vinegarette and my wife had the blue cheese buttermilk dressing. The service was good, They get busy so make reservations ahead of time.