“Loved the early bird meals”
Review of The Sow's Ear Cafe

The Sow's Ear Cafe
Ranked #11 of 47 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
vandenberg village, ca
“Loved the early bird meals”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Early bird meal are lower in price, smaller portions but still plenty to eat. The baby back ribs were as good as you can get. The calamari dinner was also tops. Nice dinner salad and the bread in a flower pot was different and very good.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank billkathy88

Campbell, California
“Very nice Restaurant”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This restaurant was completely full every time we passed by. The ambiance was very nice just the right lighting for dinner. The service was really good. My girlfriend had the turkey dinner and I had one of the beef dishes. The food was great and the portions were large. As for the dessert, we had their wonderful cheese cake. All in all it was a great experience. I recommend this place

• Visited November 2013
Carlsbad, California
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed in the area, Moonstone Beach, for the holidays and couldn't get into this place the first night. Went back, with a reservation, and were seated promptly.

My wife had the pecan encrusted catfish while I went with the coffee encrusted steak. Shared bites and cannot tell you which was the best as they were both outstanding.

• Visited November 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had dinner here in July while touring the California coast. We found the food to be very good quality, served freshly prepared and still hot. The interior decor is sort of eclectic but that adds to the charm of this restaurant. The waitress was friendly and checked with us frequently to make sure everything was OK. The bill was reasonable considering we were in a small California coastal town. If you have time take a walk around the quaint little town. We would definitely eat here again next time in Cambria.

• Visited July 2013
“Disappointment”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions. I love their specialty - lobster pot pie. My last visit in mid-October was a major disappointment. Had early evening reservations; restaurant was half full. Service staff acted cold and indifferent, like there was somewhere else they would rather be. Warm bread was brought to the table immediately, but, after a long wait, we had to flag down a waitress to give her our drink order. I ordered the lobster pie. What a disappointment! The pie is now larger, but consists of mostly gravy with 5 small pieces of stringy lobster meat. The top crust is a round disk of baked puff pastry that bobbed up and down in the gravy when I tried to cut it. My daughter's filet mignon was tiny, tough, and tasteless. I used to recommend this restaurant to friends, but have stopped that practice since my last visit.

1 Thank MECDW