“Good place for a drink and watch a game.”
Review of Cambria Ale House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cambria Ale House
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My BF and I stayed in Cambria for a night and stopped by the Ale House before dinner. It was within walking distance to our hotel so that was nice. The lady behind the counter helped us pick out a few beers for our sampler. The sampler glasses are much larger than normal sample glasses, so $8 for a sampler was reasonable.

It was nice to see beers from San Diego. They had Ballast Point and Stone bottles. They also have sweaters and t-shirts available for purchase.

There were a couple of love seats and a side table available to drink our beer. This place is cozy and very relaxing. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I didn't see any signs stating that they brew their own beer.

If you just want a place to drink beer and watch a game, this place is perfect. I just wish they served food. You can have other places deliver food to you though. Which is a nice touch.

I'll definitely be back.

1  Thank lindagn1

Reviewed November 24, 2012

What I mean by misleading brewers is that they claim to brew their own beer but they had another local brewery in SLO brew it for them. This information came up after I asked to see the brewery, tanks etc etc. then the truth came out. Shame on them for this. To me this is taking advantage of the craft beer crowd, and is insulting to those that make craft beer. For this reason I will not be stepping foot back into this place.

Owner was evasive not wanting to make small talk after the truth came out, I don't blame him though, he was caught red-handed.

Go to the Cambria Beer Company, the true local microbrewery and talk to the owner there, and see where he makes his delicious beers. Go anywhere but here.

2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice selection of beers. They allowed us to bring pizza and salad in from another restaurant, as they do not offer food.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great selection of beer on tap.also serve wine and hard cider.
Very friendly owners who are knowledgable and passionate about beer. They were also locals and informative on the area.
The beer we has was a Danish red. Really good
We will visit again next time in cambria

See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Randomly stayed the night in Cambria and ended up in the Cambria Ale House, only a handful of us in the bar however had a very good night chatting to the owner Chad. A wide selection of beers on offer and clearly Chad is very passionate about ale. Shame we arrived late and could not enjoy a cool beer while watching the world go by in the sun, though late at night the local deer did wander by ! A fun night.