“Awesome Find”

Ranked #8 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Tampa
“Awesome Find”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

For some reason, husband plugged this B&B into his GPS. Destiny. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night. We had one of our teens with us and they had their own room adjoining ours so everyone was happy. Very spacious and great bathroom with lots of space. My understanding is each room is filled with different antiques. This setup is perfect with teen kids.
Lots of DVD's to choose from and a very cozy sitting room. Breakfast was delicious. Love the lemon cakes. I find the room rates reasonable and quite competitive to the other places we checked out in the area.
Plus it was so foggy it didn't seem to make sense to stay on the ocean. We loved being right in the town.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tulare
Reviewed May 24, 2010

For my birthday, I planned a nice, relaxing getaway to Cambria for the weekend. So what's more relaxing then a bed and breakfast??? Wasn't too sure seeing as it was our first bed and breakfast ever...But why the heck not right??

So we made reservations for Suite #17(Highly Recommended)...

The Burton Inn is separated into two buildings: The main building is where breakfast is served and evening wine is held along with a few of the suites and the second building houses the rest of the suites. #17 is located in the second building on the top floor.

When we walked into our suite, the first thing we see is our huge, luxurious looking bed! To the left is the living room where you have a tv, couch, table with chairs, fridge, microwave, and toaster. I had no idea we would be so equipped!!!

Back to the bedroom area. You have another bigger tv that has a dvd player/VHS player (What the heck is a VHS player??? =) ) The closet was as big as ours at home, and has a dresser inside.

The bathroom was very nice, clean, and spacious. The tub was awesome (took advantage of it both nights I was there)! But no lock on the bathroom door...I have a very nosy husband folks; I need a lock!

Breakfast in the morning was very relaxed and filling. There was one hot item each morning made to order, along with steel cut oatmeal, fresh fruits, fresh baked pastries, juices and coffee. Wine and Cheese in the evening was fun...I love talking and meeting new people!

Plenty of parking in their lot or on the street.

The Burton Inn is exactly, what I think, a bed and breakfast should be: A place to re-coop, relax, and let go.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leshaface
San Rafael, CA
Reviewed May 20, 2010

All the staff at the Burton Inn were friendly, attentive and professional. The B&B is right in the middle of town, so shopping was convenient. My wife and I came here for our anniversary, and I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We have stayed at the Burton Inn 4 years ago and wanted to visit the area again. Making the reservation on the wed and via a phone call was extremely easy. On the phone it was a pleasant and interesting conservation. I was given additional information about the area and special events. When we arrived the place was just as good as the last time we were there. The facilities are in excellent condition, the room was large and clean. This year the breakfast was included and it was the best we have enjoyed. Much better than a standard bed and breakfast room. The location is center to many stores and eating places. You park the car and its easy to get around. It will be our place of choice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldurn
East Sussex
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed for one night at the Burton Inn and were really pleased with our experience. Checking in was a breeze and the owner (I think) was very friendly. The room was in fact a suite and really spacious. The bed was one of the most confortable hotel beds I have slept in. It was quiet at night which counts for a lot for me.
Each evening there is a 'get-together' with wine and nibbles in the library which was a great idea as we found out lots of information about the area and which restaurants might suit us from the other guests, many of whom seem to come time and time again to this hotel. Probably can't get a better recommendation than that!
Breakfast was included and very good although the breakfast area is somewhat small if the Inn is full.
The complimentary wi-fi was a big hit with my husband.
We would definitely stay here again if we were in \Cambria.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ju-ju60
Leicester
Reviewed March 7, 2010

This is a wonderful all suites Inn that has the biggest suites we have ever stayed in and is a perfect location to visit Hearst Castle. Everything was so comfortable and we were made so welcome. The breakfasts were very good and I really can't fault the place. It was very nice to sit every evening at 5 pm in the lounge with a free glass of wine and meet people from all over.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bunny-W
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I stayed with my retired parents in The Burton Inn for two nights and we had a lovely stay. The Inn has a very refined feel to it. You feel you are staying in an intimate hotel rather than it being a B&B. We were invited to drinks on arrival in the lounge where you could meet others visiting the area, but you could just as easily decline and do you own thing. The location is great - right on the nicest street in Cambria, full of good places to eat and little shops to browse. And you are only five minutes drive to the coast, or fifteen up to Hearst Castle.

My parents room, on the ground floor, was so beautiful, with lovely drapes and antique-looking furniture. My mom said she felt she was a princess, staying in such a beautiful room. The only "down" comment I would make is that the bathrooms were beginning to look a little older, but they were still clean certainly didn't feel run-down at all.

Breakfast was lovely too - a big spread of all sorts of food. And Shakira was there to help answer any questions we might have.

We would definitely stay there again if we went back to Cambria - which I hope!

• Stayed December 2009