“Ok place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
CA
“Ok place to stay”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We spent two nights at this Inn. I had booked well in advanced to make sure I get the room I wanted, but things still got mixed up. I did bring it up on check in and again on check out and they did give me a discount on the end. I am not sure if all or any rooms are updated as the room we stayed in (the wing with room numbers in the 300's ) did not look updated at all. The bathroom was very old and the bath tub had a crack in it. A lot of noise form the upstairs room and when they flushed the toilet it was very noisy. I do have to say that the staff is what makes the place a bit special. We also liked the warm breakfast and the free cheese and wine time in the afternoon. Remember that all Inn's advertised on the beach are right beside each other, so I would truly investigate were to stay as most of them look the same, even used the same builder so if you can get it somewhere cheaper, stay there.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the wing with rooms 300 - 400. Asked which rooms are updated and stay in an up...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vacation_addicted

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

When we first checked in I was a bit nervous...Cambria is definitely a touristy beach town nd the hotels along the beach reflect that. I wish the town had more charm. Not the hotels fault at all. We had a family suite which was a good roomy space well priced. Breakfast was nice as was wine and cheese hour (quite generous actually). Front desk staff was a bit inexperienced and made a few blunders but the manager stepped in to resolve. Restaurants recommended were high priced and mediocre. Other guests said same. I'm sure there is some relationship there as there was another highly rated place just 2 doors down and not mentioned. Small pool but kids enjoyed. Overall decent stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a great little spot to stay for a night or two. The free breakfast in the morning is a nice touch, and the location is pretty good. Only issue i could see was that the parking spots filled up quickly. Cambria is a delightful little town.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank LuckyBlue__7
PA
Reviewed April 9, 2013

First, the hotel is clean, nice location, the little interaction we had with staff was good. There isn't much to fault with this hotel. I think my problem is with other reviewers who put this place over the top. I changed hotels last minute to stay here and paid about $60 more per night because I have grown to trust the reviews so much. Again, it is a good hotel but there about 4-5 on this little road that were clearly built by the same developer and I am not sure any are going to be that different so if I were to do it again I think I would look for a better value and if Pelican Suites were the best value I would stay again. I drove through and looked at the top 4-5 on TR and I think you would do well at any of them. If you choose this hotel it is fine but if one of the other top choices is a better value I think you will be fine there as well.

It is a nice area and within walking distance to the restaurant.

We were driving from SF to LA and found the area to be a good stopping point. Glad we chose it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyoffourPA
Los Banos, California, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the Pelican Inn & Suites. The rooms have pretty beds. Ours had little metal birds on the iron bed. Very quaint! We also had a jucuzzi tub in our room. Not all rooms have that. I prefer rooms upstairs with full ocean view so I can leave the windows open at night and hear the ocean roar. Very B&B like on Moonstone Beach. Wonderful wine and cheese hour in the late afternoon. Wonderful dessert and wine bar in the evening. The breakfasts are very nice and served by the fireplace off of the lobby. I highly recommend this inn.

Room Tip: Choose a full front ocean facing room so you can enjoy the sound of the ocean and breezes. Otherwis...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Camarillo, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had room 212 which from the side of the balcony you could see the ocean! And with our door open all night we could hear the ocean too! Room is beautifully decorated and we had a framed piece of rare red coral on the wall which was stunning! The section of the room with the fireplace is down a step from the "bedroom" and had a sleeper couch and cute little leatherette ottoman to put your feet up on or place your drinks. ( Be careful - we slipped on the wood at the edge stepping into that room - would be good to hold onto the rail that is there). We biked, walked the boardwalk, ate way too much and loved coming back to the beautiful little landscaped entrance with the bridge. Breakfast was yummy and beautifully laid out - with just about everything you needed - 2 types of juice, milk & water on one side. Hot breakfast meat and two types of eggs - plain scrambled and another scrambled with cheese/spinach(which changed the next day to scrambled with mushrooms). Many type of little pastries, croissants, white or wheat bread, bagel and waffles. Granola and oatmeal(real oatmeal that is already made-yay-no adding hot water to a packet) and a beautiful assortment of tea bags and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf coffee. Everyone on staff was very nice and maintenance came out right away when the Jacuzzi kept shutting off every 30 seconds (great thing is there is a phone right on the wall near the Jacuzzi to call the front desk). We didn't get to the wine and cheese in the lobby but will on our next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very cute hotel to stay at for a getaway! It's right across from the beach which was perfect. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly. Michael made GREAT recommendations for dinner, he was so helpful, hilarious, and nice. The room was decorated very well, I loved the colors, and the bed was SO comfortable!

Manny saved the day when he saved my foot from disaster. BEWARE of the natural tar on moonstone beach. I didn't even know I stepped in it when I was barefoot. I went up to the lobby and they were so nice in helping me. I was afraid I'd have to go somewhere in town to have it removed but Manny came and got it off- so so nice.

The little hosted wine and cheese in the lobby was a nice little snack before you head off for dinner!

Also, stay for more than two nights- the hotel and area is too cute to rush into a few days. I wish we could have stayed longer. It's perfect for relaxing! Everything about the hotel was perfect! It's a two minute drive into town, or probably a 15 minute walk!

Room Tip: Request a room on the second floor- not only will you have a better view (even though the view from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple