“Welcome relief after the long drive”

Pelican Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Reviewed July 20, 2012

After the long and winding drive from Los Angeles we were delighted to be greeted by the very friendly host offering us Happy Hours in the dining room. We could unwind with some wine and cheese before we went to the hotel's suggested restaurant for a lovely evening. A very good full breakfast was served the next morning. Our room was small but cosy and offered a patio view of the ocean. Cambria is a small and quaint ocean town, a prefect stop for the coastal drive.
We will definitely stay at this hotel next summer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pelican Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My three girlfriends and I stayed at the Pelican Inn and Suites this past weekend to celebrate one of us turning 50. The hotel had two rooms side by side, one with a partial ocean view and a cold bottle of champagne. We had outdoor seating outside our rooms that we took advantage of while enjoying the cool evening breeze. The beds were scrumptious! Four fluffy pillows per bed, with brand new, beautiful bedding. The night was quiet EXCEPT for the alarm clock that went off unexpectedly at midnight. Who set it, we will never know. Just make sure your alarm is off before your shut off the lights.

Breakfast was great for a complimentary meal. Many hot dishes along with make-your-own waffles. I just stuck with bagels and fruit. The coffee was fabulous. I do wish they would stock soy milk though.

The staff was so pleasant, experienced and helpful, and had some great ides fors restaurant recommendations.

The Pelican Inn and Suites is directly across the road from the boardwalk and ocean. Each morning I enjoyed a wonderful run along Moonstone Road and up through the neighborhoods on the hills behind the hotel.

When we checked out, the staff gave each of us a $50 coupon for a future stay. I will definitely be using mine!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms each have balconies or outdoor seating areas. We were near the pool and at tim...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed in the ocean view suite, and was very glad we did. I'm sure all of the rooms are nice, but having the huge suite with the balcony to watch the sunset was wonderful. I think the rooms was recently renovated, and it looked very nice. The day we were there it was rather warm, so we had hoped to turn on the air conditioner overnight. However, there was none. Since we decided to just open the windows and hear the ocean waves, it was probably a blessing after all.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pth138
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've never stayed MANY times down on Moonstone Beach, but have never stayed here before because the price was always higher than other hotels. But we lucked out with a very good rate, so I snagged it as soon as I saw it.

Check-in was a breeze, and the guy that checked me in was very helpful. In fact, i'm pretty sure he upgraded us! We reserved a regular two queen bed room, but instead got a large family suite (check out my pics)

It was LARGE and spacious with a nice little patio looking out to the ocean. It was also hooked up with a microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, and sink.

We got to talking to one of the workers here during our trip, and was told they were remodeling all the rooms, and the room we were staying in had recently been updated.

Breakfast was very good too!

I would definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Leshaface
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when I reserved it in the Internet. It was a family experience with children, grandchildren, grandparents. The staff was amazing (friendly, kind), anything we requested was handled immediately. The breakfast was great, the late afternoon happy hour with wine, drinks for the children, cheeses and sweets were plentiful and good and all is at no extra charge. My son and daughter in law are taking her parents there next week after I shared my experience with them

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

For a kick back romantic getaway it's hard to beat Cambria. So it's important that our dining and lodging be equally nice. I had read and heard nice things about Pelican Inn, so we reserved a suite. On the second floor (that's the penthouse in Cambria) we could see and hear the ocean, better than anywhere I've stayed in Hawaii. The two level room had a warm(even a fireplace) cozy but open feel, and the bath was huge. All the staff were very professional and sincer about making sure that we had a good time. From the inclusive buffet breakfast to the wine and cheeze happy hour, it was all about us.

Room Tip: Get the 2nd story facing the beach and you never have to leave your room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank randy b
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stop 1 on a 4 night motorcycle trip up the coast. The Pelican Inn is lovely, tastefully decorated, across the street from the ocean. The rooms are average sized but with a nice vaulted ceiling, cozy duvet and lovely linens, quiet and peaceful. The rate includes a wine and cheese tasting each evening and a full hot breakfast in the morning. Would definitely stay again.
Our only complaint was that the gas fireplace failed to work the second time we tried to use it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple