“Amazing !!!”
Review of Bridge Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Bridge Street Inn
Ranked #11 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing !!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Kinda don't want to give this place a rave review and watch it get overrun with travelers but it deserves it. The owner and staff are super nice and friendly and down to earth. The rooms and entire house is clean and lovely. No bunks gorgeous real beds with real linens!! Beautiful location great rooms wonderful experience thank you

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank xtina_girl69

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Lovely room, friendly host and nice village. Spotlessly clean and good restaurants in the village. Just a perfect b&b. Right in middle between LA and San Francisco

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Loved this place! It incorporated the friendly, communal feeling of a hostel with the character and coziness of a inn –so, best of both worlds! The layout also pretty much puts this place in a spot between a hostel and a inn: It only has one dorm room (with 4 bunk beds) and a few private rooms. It is a tiny place, but absolutely packed with tons of its own unique style! The rooms are full with antique furniture, random old photos, and a haphazard collection of items which seem to have been collected by avid travelers throughout their world travels.

Despite the house being old and full of history (it is set up right against an old wooden church with a little tower, and I think the house itself used to be part of the church properly) the place itself is well maintained and spotlessly clean. It also incorporated some admirable environment-friendly characteristics such as solar energy, line-dried linen, and the fascinating lid-sinks in the bathrooms.

The staff is great; especially the owner, Brandon, who is very knowledgeable about the countless attractions of the area, and super friendly and helpful. The layout of the inn, with a well-stocked kitchen and a comfy living room, encourages the guests to linger in the communal areas and interact with each other, and lends a really welcoming atmosphere.

Cambria is a quaint, beautifully situated little town, and the hostel’s location is perfect – it is steps from the main street (with plenty of restaurants, shopping, and wine tasting rooms) but also only a couple of blocks from lovely hiking trails through the pine woods and down to the ocean. I loved just stepping out of doors and being able to wander.

I stayed at room #5 on the first floor, which was incredibly well priced for the value ($49/night, this includes a small breakfast of bread/oatmeal/fruit/coffee/tea) All in all, possibly my favorite hostel ever!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Emily S
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed for four nights in a double room next to the living room and overall we had a great time.

The room itself was clean and tidy though a bit small (the bed was pushed against the wall to allow floor space) and it got quite cold at night, but there was an electric heater available. The problem of the room though was that the walls were so thin! We could hear everything going on in the two rooms next to us - a dorm room which had an adjoining but locked door, and the living room. It made it feel much less like a private room and more like we were sharing, which would have been fine for one or two nights, but was a little much for four nights.

The only other small complaint (and genuinely, these are small complaints), is that there is a long lock out from 10am til 5pm. I realise that this is because there are only a couple of staff and they need time to clean as well, but I think it's a long time to be locked out of hostel accomodation - it's a place you use as your home.

BUT. Other than those two minor things, this place really is fantastic. The living and kitchen areas were great, and the staff and other guests were really friendly and chatty without being loud and disturbing. The hostel has an organic and sustainability agenda which really comes through in everything from the lid sinks in the washrooms to the local bread for breakfast.

The location is brilliant, a 2 minute walk from the main street in a quiet residential road (the stars are the clearest I've seen in a long time here - look up!). Cambria itself has lots of lovely cafes and restaurants to spend time in whilst you're locked out, or just if you don't fancy cooking.

Enjoy your stay, you'll make new friends and relax more than you expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs to get more privacy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KSud
x
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Having explored the Central Coast of California (CA) in a RV I was excited to stay in coastal towns like Cambria.

Located in the heart of Cambria’s East Village, the Bridge Street Inn is a skip and a stone’s throw away from restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, bars, hiking trails and the ocean. I knew the Bridge Street Inn would be the perfect home base for my walking and driving adventures.

After a day hike in Big Sur, a day of bicycle riding to Hearst Castle, and a day of wine tasting in Paso Robles I was satisfied but exhausted from all of my adventures. In truth, there’s nothing more inviting than pulling up to the Bridge Street Inn with its white picket fence and bicycle with beautiful flowers in the basket. After enjoying Cambria during the evening, I hunker down in the cozy living room with a cup of tea and the Woody Allen book “Side Effects,” one among many that I found on the shelves of the Bridge Street Inn library.

One evening the Bridge Street Inn owner, Brandon, started a rousing campfire. I roasted veggie hot dogs with him as he played a Veronica and the Mental Foreplays song that he claims his nose wrote. He pointed out that Cambria didn’t have the unpleasant big city odors, and boy was he right! The fresh air was, well, refreshing and the weather was always temperate - perfect for long bike rides along the coast.

I loved the Central Coast, smells of Cambria, and most importantly my stay at the Bridge Street Inn. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone thinking of traveling to Cambria; you’ll have an unforgettable vacation, I promise!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank J O
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I travel solo quite a bit and often stay in hostels because I'd rather meet people from around the globe than watch tv in a hotel room. This hostel is quite unique in that like it's name says it's an Inn. It's a cozy home built in the 1800's with full use of the kitchen for cooking your own meals (fresh bread,jam, fruit, coffee (extra stong on request :o) and an assortment of tea's included in your stay . It is squeeky clean and has many nice features that are earth friendly. Great Host Brandon is exceptional at making you feel like you are in a second home going out of his way to make your stay special. Thanks Brandon, Betty and Monica for giving me a place to rest and break bread withsome new friends...I will definately return on my next trip. I highly reccomend this Inn when traveling through the Central California Coast..

Room Tip: My girlfriend and I were traveling to a seaglass festival in Cayacous and we stayed in "the Sea...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Fremont, California
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I arrived mid-afternoon and was warmly greeted by the host Brandon. The drive down was absolutely breathtaking, and when I saw the Bridge Street Inn my heart skipped a beat. It looked so welcoming, and is situated in a quiet neighborhood with pretty flowers lining the sidewalk and entrance.

Brandon showed me around the hostel and answered all my questions, even helping me with my bags, which is a lot better treatment than you'd get at a run-of-the-mill hotel.
I stayed overnight in room #3, an incredibly regal room with a comfortable queen-sized bed (I HIGHLY recommend this room if you're traveling as a couple or three-some) and slept very well.

The hostel is situated right in a little shopping area and has great cafes, restaurants, galleries and etc. There's loads of touring information and everyone's knowledgeable and friendly. This is possibly the most down-to-earth place along the coast of California I know.

But back to the hostel - the facilities are spotless & well kept; the house is old but beautiful and lends itself a homey feel. They promote genuine & unique sustainable practices (ask about the lid toilets!) which I really love.
In short, at the Bridge Street Inn you'll meet amazing people, get a great night's sleep for a good price, and get the convenience of having so many sights to see and activities to take part in nearby. ^.^

Room Tip: All the rooms are very sunny and welcoming but I <3 room #3 the most!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo