“Friendly and comfortable”
Review of Bluebird Inn

Bluebird Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very accommodating. Only 2 pet friendly rooms but we were lucky to get one of them for one night. Comfortable room, clean and relaxing atmosphere. Right on Main Street and able to walk everywhere at the east side of the town. Would most definitely stay there again, this time with reservations.

Room Tip: If you have pets, make a reservation as there are only 2 pet friendly rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Janet G
There are newer reviews for Bluebird Inn

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I stayed here while traveling down the Pacific coast highway. Normally we would stay at a chain such as Holiday Inn Express or Hampton, but a "retro" place like this - a true motel - seemed appropriate. This was a real throwback, they even had the keys with the plastic diamond-shaped dongle. This was obviously a well cared for place. The rooms were clean and comfy. The bathroom was large. Didn't need air conditioning - heck I don't even know if it was available! Just opened the front window and bathroom windows (yes they had windows that open) and it was quite comfy. They offered coffee cake and coffee for breakfast in their spacious, friendly lobby. This was probably my favorite place to stay on the entire week-long trip - give it a try if you are in the area!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank markw89311
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was our second stay at the Bluebird Inn, and it was very nice. You cannot go wrong with the price. They have the best prices in town. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We use to stay on Moonstone Beach every year for several years, but the prices are so outrageous. We are not in our room that much anyway, and I would rather spend the extra money on dining and shopping. It is really nice to be able to walk wherever you want to go. So many wonderful shops and eateries. If you need to be near the water, you can drive the short distance over to Moonstone and spend the day there. The employee's are great, and very accommodating too.

Room Tip: Tell the motel desk what you need, and they will try their best to meet it. They are there to make...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ed and Margie C
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We checked into the Bluebird in when driving the Pacific Coast Highway. They gave us the last room, ground floor with a little patio over looking their gardens. There was a lovely fireplace (which wasn't needed in June !) The room was so quaint and homely. This was our favourite spot from our whole journey, much nicer than any of the fancier hotels we stayed in along the way.
They even had a little rubber duck in the bathroom, which I thought was a brilliant touch. You can park your car right outside your room. Everything was within walking distance.
A little gem, we're lucky we found it

Room Tip: Ask for the best price available don't be afraid to negotiate on price
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carol-AnneDublin
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great staff, very accommodating. First morning work to father son cursing a blue streak at 6am. It's such a small location you can hear EVERYTHING. Fortunately they checked out that day. After the loud guests left is was VERY peaceful so much so that we were just commenting yesterday that we wish we were there relaxing NOW.
Cambria was was such a great town. DH an DD went to the murder mystery in town and really enjoyed themselves.

Shower heads are rather low, but water pressure is excellent.

Room Tip: Floorboards creak so request a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mom D
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Pleasant enough place in centrally located Cambria. Rooms and 'cabins' are priced differently, of course, but we enjoy the simplicity of it. Beautiful lobby has a warm fireplace for mornings with coffee cake and coffee or tea, complimentary of course. This time around was the July 4th Holiday weekend and prices were raised considerably; then the small room doesn't seem worth it. Paper thin walls...a no-no and, ants in the bathroom, were 'roommates' we didn't need.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tony m
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I enjoyed every minute I spent here, and I haven't even left yet. I would extend my stay if I could. The inn is clean, the rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. I stayed in two different rooms due to Memorial Day availability and the double queen was fine (the floorboards in the room above me creaked, which conjured up memories of living in an old flat in Europe), but the creek-side room suited my mood better. I loved listening to the frogs and crickets in the evening and waking up to the birds in the morning. The inn is indeed very quiet - I heard other guests from time to time, but nothing loud or disturbing, and there are no street or airplane noises. The location is perfect too. It's in the middle between east and west Cambria, and everything in east Cambria is within walking distance. I dined at three different restaurants and had good food and service at each. I'll stay here again, no doubt about it.

Room Tip: If you want the sound of frogs, crickets, birds, and the creek and a view of trees and flowers, the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo