“A little bit of heaven in a wasteland of eateries.”
Review of Safire

Safire
Ranked #54 of 202 Restaurants in Camarillo
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Probably the best restaurant in Camarillo. The presentation is well done. I love the black cod with Jasmine rice.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We go there on special occasions like b-days etc. went with our friends and cost was almost 300 bucks. Two steak dinners, one fish and one chicken. Three beers and one mixed drink, and four desserts. I do have to say that the ribeye is really good. Lunch is where it's at though, much less expensive.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is a fine dining restaurant. The food was pretty good, but we've had much better for the price. For us, it's in a nice location as it's not too far from us. The waitress we had seemed a little 'snooty' and we always felt as if we were bothering her. Lobster and steak were ok, but as I've said we've had better. If money is not an issue def. check it out, but if you are on a budget as we are and don't get to go to restaurants like this all the time, save your money and go elsewhere.

2  Thank travelinteacher1282
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Safire is a very classy joint. When I go there I feel like I am in San Francisco or NYC not Camarillo. The food is fabulous. I took my two teenage sons there for my birthday dinner. I told them they had to wear long pants, and a collar shirt would be appropriate. They both dressed up very nicely. After my youngest son (16) took a bite of his melt in your mouth shortribs he said "Mom, I'll dress up anytime to come here." I stole a bite and agreed they were fabulous. My other son ordered the butternut squash ravioli. They were so good I have been back twice to order them for myself. They both shared their dessert with me. A fabulous banana split where the bananas are saute' and the other got the ice cream stuffed cream puffs. Really great. My personal favorite is the pear martini which was my dessert. A little fancy for most family gatherings but really nice for a special occasion. Wonderful for friend gatherings or couples. I would even go back solo for the martini and ravioli.

1  Thank CfromCamarillo
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The food is a bit overpriced. the desserts are small, but the service is wonderful made my trip worth it