“Excellent location, price, service & breakfast.”

Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
New Zealand
“Excellent location, price, service & breakfast.”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

HUGE room.
Everything was very clean & comfortable!!

Awesome location, close to outlets & plenty of choices of places to eat.

The breakfast area was spacious, clean and there was a decent variety. The kids loved the wafflemaker :0)

The manager was very friendly and helpful on checking out when we needed further travel/accomodation advice.

I would happily stay again...only next time I'd stay longer...and shop for MUCH longer!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed October 13, 2010

During our 30 days vacation trip through California we spent three nights (20 to 23) at this Hotel. It wasn’t the first time, because four years ago my wife and I spent a night there. Well, the Hotel is the best location if you are in Camarillo to enjoy the outlet stores located just 3 minutes drive way and that was the reason we choose Days Inn. The Hotel front desk people are extremely nice and helpful; the room is big and even comfortable. Unfortunately we have two major concerns: First, as we were traveling with two small children I asked for a crib which as promptly provided, but it was extremely dirt and the sheets had some spots/stains, so my wife and I decided to keep the little one sleep on his stroller. Second: If you like to sleep after 8 like us, you should bring your ear plugs or most have a very heavy sleep, because about that time the maintenance personal start to clean the other rooms and keep talking each other in SPANICH very laud, so it is almost impossible to over sleep. Despite these two things the hotel is ok and recommended to every kind of guests.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
costa mesa
Reviewed July 11, 2010

You will not have to move your car with this wonderful location...right next to the best restaurants within 100 feet with Starbucks, great breakfast restauarnt, and Marie calendars right next door...Rooms are large and clean and microwave and refreigerator in the room....If you want to beat this hotel in value then make sure the other hotel rents for 20 dollars a night to make it worth shopping further. Plus there was a nice little gym too and pool....The worst thing to have to do is to have to get into a car to drive after you have checked into a room but here your car should be able to stay parked until you hit the road or go to your business appointment.....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Sadly, our soccer team coordinator booked a block of rooms here. We arrived around 9:30 to find they didn't have our reservation. After further review, they transposed our first/last name. The carpet was so dirty I didn't want to take my shoes off, the beds were poor quality when they were new. The sheets were thin as gauze. The location is close to shopping, restaurants & the fields, but in desperate need for a major facelift. I would stay anywhere else even if this is all you could afford. They did offer continental breakfast. I could not comment about that since I didn't go, but the best thing was the free internet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 1SLOCALOCAL

Travelers are raving about these Camarillo hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I only stayed on night at this location, but the front desk gentleman Martin was very kind and efficient. We check in late in the evening and just wanted to go to sleep. Our room was very spacious and very clean. We slept very well on a very comfortable bed. They were not stingy with the pillows; I think we had like five. Great little breakfast with real food and a variety. For the price I wasn't even expecting a breakfast. We are always on a tight budget and stay at some terrible hotels but this one far exceeded my expectations of a cheap hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed April 2, 2010

This hotel is about 12 miles from Ventura and in a commercial district. It has the hallmarks of a Ramada with the buildings featuring sweeping arches. It is well laid out courtyard style. The buildings are two storey and pleasantly maintained. The rooms were well serviced and nicely furnished. Breakfast was continental and there was a pleasant room in which to eat it. Wireless worked OK when I got the correct password. The one I printed on the hotel card was out of date. There is guest laundry but no mention in made of that in the literature. A food store and several pleasant restaurants are nearby. For serious shoppers there is an outlet mall nearby. The hotel manager and his staff were largely disinterested and not particularly welcoming but despite that it was a good place to stay. I noticed quite a few contractors staying there but it was quiet both in the morning and evening.

Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Iowa
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We booked our trip on priceline to this hotel for the main reason of letting the kids use the "heated pool" advertised there. There isn't a heated pool. The hot tub was a cold tub with bubbles, which was another disappointment for me as I had a sore back that I was looking forward to having the heat on.
The Facilities felt very secure and I enjoyed that a lot because of my children. The spanish look was nice, but dated. All public areas were very clean and inviting.
The room was a double full sized bed room. Its beds were comfortable but the mattresses had stains that showed below sheets which were rather gross. The furniture was cherry wood which was attractive and in good shape. The carpet was clean for the main part with one stain under the table. The lamps on the wall were dated and the shades were ripped, which looked a bit bad. The light switch next to the front door turned on nothing and we had to grope to the wall mounted lamps between the beds before we had light to see by. I enjoyed the two different sinks, one in the bathroom and one outside of it. This was very handy and appreciated. The bathroom was SOOooo dated but clean. The toilet lid did not match the toilet. The shower head was great with adjustable streams and plenty of pressure and steady hot water but the 5' 1" height was terrible for me as I had to constantly bend over (with a sore back) to get water on my head, face and upper back. Im only 5'10" so I think most people will find this annoying. The staff is....capable but far from freindly. They do their job well but a smile and warmth are two words that will not be describing them in my experience. The breakfast consisted of raison bran and frosted flakes cereal, mini muffins and a pastry, toast and fruit (apple/orange) Coffee, OJ and teas were also available. Front desk guy seemed infatuated with CNN news. I turned it to fox news as I got tired of some of the "line". The front desk guy would turn it back to CNN even though I was the only guy there.
I had to use the hangers from the closet to pinch the curtains closed for privacy as they would not stay closed in a way which afforded privacy to us. I recieved a telephone call from the front desk after I was in bed and just about asleep, I could not hear what they were saying as the phone speaker did not work. I got up and dressed and went to find out that they needed me to sign a paper for some reason, even though I had paid and already filled out their card upon sign in.
The carrier that the key cards came in, had the internet access key code printed on it. I spent 1/2 an hour of frustrating time trying to sign on. After change stuff on my computer that I probably shouldnt have and finally had to walk up to the front desk (because phone didnt work) and found out that the code had been changed a while back and they were still using the printed key holders till they were used up. They apparently dont tell the customers that the code has changed from what is printed however.
I had a good night sleep here and enjoyed the birds chirping that echoed between the buildings as I walked to the breakfast. Overall I would stay here when use of the pool was a possibilty but would advise the hotel to update the dated "feel" of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family