“Clean comfortable room”

Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Staff very friendly...room clean and comfortable....bathroom was clean and water pressure was great....Close to hwy and restaurants....
I would reccomend this hotel and will stay here in the future while on business.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed in room 132 from this past weekend for a show. Prices were more than fair..had a free breakfast and shower water was very hot.

Would def stay here again next year.

Gordon

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel was the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. The front desk was rude and unhelpful. The carpets in the rooms was stained and dirty. The bathroom and black mold in the shower floor. I would never stay at this hotel if my life depended on it. Stay away!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Marine0341
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We are currently staying at the this Days Inn and let me tell you we will never return. I checked in and was told the room was $63 then when she was finished it ended up being $67. I get to my room and find two beds in it>only for me. Thats why the rate increase. I asked to be moved they told me that they were sold out. First night there was terrible. I like to kick off my shoes when I get home and when I walked across the carpet a few times my socks were literally BLACK. I had to keep shoes on the whole time I was there. My husband and our two puppies showed up about a week later and I asked if it was ok to have them here. She told me they were a pet friendly hotel and that would be fine as long as I paid $20/night/dog. So $40/night for the dogs. I paid. They were constantly telling us the dogs were disrupting everyone and we were not picking up after them. We literlly had to take the garbage top off to show them that we were picking up and it wasn't our dogs that were doing it. Our dogs are 5 lb and 10 lb. The poop that was there was quite obviously from a bigger dog. Every day the manager would go to our room to check it out. (Invasion of privacy). They were looking to get us kicked out. Why did they let us in if they didn't want us there, we could have gone someplace else. Then one day the puppy threw up on the carpet and we didin't catch it but the maid did. They asked us to leave. Then they said we shouldn't have been in that room with dogs. WHAT???? you knew we had them why didn't you either refuse us or move us? A couple of nights ago I was so frustrated we went over to the pool for the hot tub. NOT A HOT TUB the water was freezing in fact the swimming pool was warmer. Went to complain..they said reset the switch. We came back hours later and still freezing. It was very dirty, the pool was disgusting and I wouldn't step foot inside that place again. Places like this should be condemned its giving Days INN a bad reputation. I have been in many and it was nothing like this place. I will never stay in a Days Inn again there are many more comparable hotels for the same price that are CLEAN and FRIENDLY. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. I do a lot of travelling for my work and won't be spending any time here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chrissy V
kaushikm, Front Desk at Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

The guest arrived at our hotel on May3rd.She booked the resveration with the hotel directly.When she called she wanted a long stay and the non smoking king was not available for the nights she requested and the guest was informed about that on the phone.Her rate @67.99 is the correct rate given to her for the 2beds which was available and the guest had agreed on it .We were not informed that ther husband would be joining her later and her pets would be visiting.May8th her husband did come and reported two pets.Our pet policy is a 20.00$charge per night per pet.Our regular guests complained about dogwaste left in the area where her husband was walking the dog,and all we did was request him.No problem our staff took care of it.On one occasion the hskeeping requested me to come up to the room because there was dogwaste right by the bed and wanted to report it.WE cleaned it up and the next day
reported it to the husband.He let us know that one of their dogs was rescued and had been abused earlier and is facing a challenge and so he walks him evry hour.Our full compassion was with the dog.We made him a request if he would like to move downstairs in our pet friendly area since at the time of chk in we were not made aware of pets visting.He agreed and no problem was mentioned.We are very sorry that the gst feels we didnot do enouugh to accomodate them but in no way did we check their rooms everday or constantly them about their pets.Infact we tried to help in ever possible way by cleaning up after their pet as well as accomodating them downstairs to a room where it would be very convinient for the husband to walk the dogs every hour.I apologise once again but I really felt we needed to be heard this time.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The walls are thin but the room was clean and the bed comfortable. We didn't reserve online. They offered a rate $10 higher. When I mentioned the internet rate he lowered it - but only with the stipulation that we stay two nights or more. We planned to stay two nights anyway so we stayed. Very convenient to the highway (101) with several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed there for one night. Frontdesk manager recommended us a room across the reception in a first floor which was nice, big and clean. We usually stay in Days Inns and this one was above average. Hotel staff was much more nicer than in other similar hotels. It is located in a nice area, close to highway, but still quiet.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very disappointed with our recent stay at the Days Inn, Camarillo. The hotel was not like it shows in the picture. The whole property was run down. Lots of stains in the carpet in the rooms and the bed wasn't even level. The breakfast was terrible. We often have the continental breakfasts at hotels, but the waffles were not edible. Maybe they mixed the batter wrong. The only thing that was edible was cereal. Definitely not the breakfast that they advertised! The only positive was the size of the rooms. They were definitely spacious but the walls are a bit thin. We had someone check in above us at 3am! So much for sleeping!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Courtyard Camarillo
Courtyard Camarillo
#4 of 10 in Camarillo

Been to Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura? Share your experiences!