“The friendlyest staff in the USA!”

Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Went to Camarillo to shop at the outlet and stumbled into one of the nicest towns we have come across in our 5 week trip of California. The hotel was very clean with very comfortable beds, totally worth the money as we have stayed in more expensive places that were complete dumps.
The staff were so amazingly nice and accommodating which made us feel special. They were able to give tips of things to see and do which we have found rare to date. 5 gold stars would stay her again :)

Room Tip: When booking online check if smoking or non-smoking
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina K

Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband is in a wheelchair due to multiple sclerosis. When we travel we need a large enough room that will accommodate our rehabiltation wheelchair and transfer lift. The Days Inn accessible room is perfect for our needs.

The room is clean, very accessible and affordable. The staff is friendly and the location is great.

Donna Barker

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had never been to Camarillo, and i loved it! It's such a peaceful town. The hotel was so clean and nice. 70 bucks for a nice clean hotel is so worth it. I've been to some where I've paid 100 and it's a dump. I really enjoyed my stay. My boyfriend loved the bed, he said he's never slept so comfortable before! They give you plenty of pillows and amenities as well. I still usually take my own though :) We had an upstairs room and it was great. No loud neighbors or street noise. I will definitely be back :)

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Supervetty
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Usually stay at more upscale hotels...but I was traveling on budget this time. Worked out just fine. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable and staff was welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I slept curled up in a ball ON TOP of the covers because all of the little hairs in the sheets grossed me out! The dried up crusty unknown something on the comforter was enough to make me want to vomit!

• Stayed: November 2011
kaushikm, Front Desk Staff at Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Sir,
I sincerely apologise that your stay with us has not been a very pleasant one.I do understand you had a rollaway bed odered for the room and I am not sure if that is the one you are not comfortable with or the the Kingsize bed in the room.Unfortunately we were not informed about it as soon as you noticed it because if that was the case we would have gladly moved you to a different room.Unfortunately we were not given the opportunity to help make your stay a comfortable one.We are there 24/7 at the front desk to assist you.Please give us the oppurtunity to welcome you one more time and you may call us directly and make the reservation so we can help make your stay a comfortable one.Please let the front desk know about your complains and suggestions so that we can help make your stay a comfortable one.Sorry once again Sir.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Doors slamming, did not offer to move rooms. Calls at 3:30 am, from? freezing with very noisy wall heater motor. Horrible service. Hard spring bed. The bottom of my feet black only from room. I had to bring shoes to bathroom to clean feet before I left. Not exagerating. In lobby, another customer asked me if my feet got dirty. OMG. If you don't refurnished or repaint peeling paint, at least clean carpet. I demanded to move rooms last night in need of sleep and guy said he'd put me on do not rent list. He said for my rate what do I expect? and he didn't want to move me cause of costs to hotel. Welllll....if you want $$$, clean at minimum. More than 1/2 empty hotel and he only gave me one blanket. Guess I wasn't alone freezing or noise. Big rooms cause old architecture.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My experience is pretty consistent with other reviews. The hotel is dirty and old. Don't walk on carpets in socks or barefeet. The do NOT have any extra blankets, and they won't get you a crib for a baby till 1:30 AM. Right next to the huge loud freeway that you can hear from pretty much anywhere on the property, including from inside the rooms.

Despite all your preferences and reservations, they will put you in the SMOKING room, stating that "that's how their system works." If you want to "upgrade out of it," you will have to pay $25 extra.

They have 4 smoking rooms in the hotel and 136 non-smoking ones. They put most people through their smoking rooms and force them to "upgrade". They are so used to having all customers object and argue with them that they expect you to be shocked and preempt it with calming statements "this is how the system ALWAYS does it" and that "they cannot do anything about it" and "everybody has to pay this upgrade fee."

Apparently, many of the customers just go with the flow and pay extra; many argue - they are used t it. Their general manager (Manoj Majithia) usually cannot be reached - so either pay the upgrade or there is no check-in.

One big dirty scam. Pun intended. Stay away.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family