“Great value and location”

Courtyard Camarillo
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
California
“Great value and location”
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This hotel was a nice surprise. The location was great, adjacent to a small shopping center with shops and restaurants. After traveling most of the day, it was so nice to park the car and walk to dinner. The hotel provides complimentary coffee and cookies in their beautiful lobby and there is a restaurant as well if you want to eat in the hotel. The room was very nice, new furnishings and a very comfortable bed. The most important part was that it was VERY QUIET! I didn't hear anything from above, below or next door the entire night. Usually, you can hear someone walking above you or showering next door or slamming their entry door, but this was solitude. I loved it and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2009

The week that we spent at The Courtyard by Marriott in Camarillo was delightful. Our son was getting married at Marvilla Gardens down the road so we were looking for a hotel that would be closeby. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful. They helped me check to make sure that all of our wedding guests had Welcoming Bags for the wedding. They were very patient and kind to help me. I loved the special touch of the Big Canister of water in the lobby which contained a different fruit every day. The water was delicious. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were so comfortable. For 3 nights we had a suite so that we could use it for a Hospitality Suite for our wedding guests. The cleaning ladies were so polite and thoughtful. One time we were just about to get ready for our wedding when the maid came to clean our room. We explained our situation and she so nicely smiled and said that she would come back later and she did. Also, our son left the hotel and forgot some things in his room. The maid was cleaning his room as we went to retrieve the lost shoe. She let us come into the room and search for the lost shoe. We did find it! I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. The location was beautiful and well maintained. I will be staying there again in the future when I visit my son and my new daughter-in-law!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
saltash
Reviewed June 9, 2009

found hotel spotless ,staff very helpful very good breakfast and hotel handy to freeway

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I grew up in Camarillo and remember when the hotel was built. It seemed so sensational, but decades later when I came back and actually stayed in the hotel I was horribly disappointed.

Right when we got in the room I noticed a lot of hair in the bath tub and on the bathroom floor. I went down to the front desk to complain and asked if housekeeping could come re clean it. All I got was a shrug from the gal at the front desk..and never got housekeeping to come by!

So we decided to take the kids swimming and the pool was ICE cold even on the 91 degree day. I went to the front desk to ask for towels and they told me they were located at the pool area. After searching and searching, I made THREE more trips to the front desk to ask about towels and was met with annoyance on the part of the desk help. I also asked for more towels to be sent to our room..we only had 3 towels and 5 people and we just used those three for our trip to the pool. Still, no towels! So my husband called the front desk at 10:30 at night and sternly told them to send towels immediately to our room, and they complied within 15 minutes.

The room itself was blah. The two room suite as they call it was very strange and dark. A huge room with two queen beds and a chair. It felt like we were in our grandmother's living room with a bed smack dab in the middle, no artwork, no frills, just a bed and a chair.
The refrigerator was luke warm at best and out food spoiled. The tv's were old with a very slim channel choice.

We ate breakfast one day only and it was awful! When we got there they were tearing down the food even though there was more than a half hour left. We basically had a waffle, some cereal and fruit for $32! (that was for two children and one adult not including tip or tax). Should have gotten a box of donuts and milk at the convenience store if only our refrigerator worked!

We decided to leave and check into a beach resort hotel instead only a few miles away..and as it turns out it was actually cheaper for more amenities and a WARM pool! We only regretted that we hadn't left days earlier.

Oh I almost forgot, the smell in the stair wells and hallways was AWFUL! I don't know what is rotting in the carpets, but it made me gag. There is only ONE elevator and we had to walk, walk, walk to get to our room, not fun with small kids and a baby,

The only good thing, it is close to the freeway and restaurants, but we were already familiar with the area. I am still mad we spent too much money staying there. We are usually loyal to the Mariott hotels since my husband travels a lot, but this was a bust. Shop elsewhere!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Alaska
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I am inclined to give most Courtyard hotels a "3" across the board, but the property in Camarillo is well above this average in terms of location, condition, and staff. This hotel is tucked behind some shops and restaurants just off US 101 (Ventura Freeway) at the Santa Rosa Road/Pleasant Valley Road exit. Even though you'll likely travel by car, you can park at the hotel and walk to a wide variety of dining establishments, and the Roxy Stadium 11 theater is right across the street.

I was upgraded to a suite (room 278), which was comparable to in size to many Residence Inns and similar. There was no danger of claustrophobia or stubbing my toe in the dark, since the sitting room and bedroom were huge. The room had two TVs, a mini-fridge, and a microwave. Despite being a no-smoking property, the room did carry the odor of stale cigarette smoke, and I doubt a serious effort had been made to rehab the room properly.

Staff were friendly, check-in/out efficient, and the breakfast buffet ($10) was pretty good. Eggs, bacon, sausage, lots of breads, yogurt, cereal, waffles, etc. are on deck. You can also get eggs to order. The outfoor pool appears to be well kept. Guests can also take advantage of a decent exercise room and a coin-operated laundry, so it's almost like a home away from home.

I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area. It's just too good to pass up.

• Liked — Located conveniently to many restaurants; condition of facilities
  • Disliked — Stale smoke odor in the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Aurora_Guy
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Hotel backs on to the highway so made sure you do not have a room backing onto it as it can be very noisy. Staff not the friendliest, breakfast not great. The Bisro 13 across from the hotel in great - highly recommended for a meal.

Location is good for those travelling from SFO to LA - outlet mall nearby for those who like shoppong!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed March 19, 2008

This is 1 of 2 hotels contracted with my company for business trips. I have stayed in the Hampton twice before, but my colleagues on both occassions stated that this is nicer. For this particular trip the hotel had availability so I booked.

Service: The front desk staff were welcoming and provided good service.

Room: The room was clean and set up in the normal Marriott style. The bathroom, however, was crawling with mold. I immediately requested another room. I thought the second room was better, until later when I showered and discovered mold veering out from the top of the wall paper. Further, the shower never got hot. After 15 minutes turned all the way up, I was able to obtain little more than luke warm. Typically I am not too picky with hotels, and this is my very first review. But I am very disappointed in this hotel.

Food: The breakfast buffer is OK but for a pretty hefty price tag.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank BusinessTravel2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Courtyard Camarillo? Share your experiences!