“Average budget motel near fruit groves”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This motel is located at a bit of a lonely spot off of the 101 Central Avenue exit adjacent and across from fruit orchards. You'll have to drive for food, but the bulk of the shops, restaurants, and filling stations are just down the freeway either direction. Just don't depend on arriving late and using the motel's vending machines for any kind of late night nourishment. The best you will get is a microwaveable bucket of macaroni and sauce. However, my room did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, so bring food in. The bedding was rather ordinary. Room lighting was sparse and the toilet flushed with little power. Though this is a budget lodging, the morning breakfast does include meat and eggs which make it an upgradeable perk. For families, there's a small pool and hot tub exterior to the office. Parking is ample including some room for trucks. During the week the motel offers free copies of the USA Today newspaper. The beaches of Ventura County are only about a 15 minute drive - traffic-free if you use a map for farm roads rather than a GPS that favors highway driving. But I wouldn't stay here if you wanted to be by the beach. I think you can get the same price much closer to the shore. This is best if you're visiting friends in the area or shopping at the regional outlet mall.

Room Tip: Not the first floor
Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I got this room at the Entertainment Book discount rate. I made the reservation online, and figured out when would be the best time to get there since it said that check-in time was at 3. I got there a little after 2, and they let me check in. I got to my room, and at first, it looked okay. I hooked up my laptop, got the password from the front desk, and logged in. Once I went to the bathroom, my perception changed. There was a spider in the sink, ants on the counter and floor, and small black mystery bugs on the floor as well. I really didn't think too much of them until they started biting me. Trying to use the wifi was a nightmare. It was slow and it wouldn't let me access certain things, like games. Plus, at the breakfast in the morning, the milk was sour. It was nasty! I wanted to complain to the manager at check-out, but a bunch of employees were chatting and since I was in a hurry to leave, I didn't bring it up. I don't think I'll ever stay at this particular hotel again. Yuck!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rmonges
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I do not write reviews but I feel it is my obligation to notify people to not stay here. This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. We were in the area for a soccer tournament for the weekend. We chose to stay here and it was a bad decision. If I had to choose one word to describe the room, I would choose,"DIRTY!!!!" I was not looking for much but clean was one thing it had to be and this was not it. Oh my gosh, it was gross! I have two children and one cried because she had to stay here. If we were not so tired we would have up and left but we toughed it out. The room stunk bad, carpets are filthy, walls stained from leaking pipes, and bugs! We basically got in the sheets and did not move, it was that bad. We are not picky people but you could not pay me to stay here again. Ruined our weekend. So please people, know that you have been warned, do not stay here!

Room Tip: I was told Goodnite Inn in this area is clean and affordable. This is in no way a business tactic fo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 20TriciaA20
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here the night before a daytrip to Anacapa Island, and my goodness, I wish we had not. It was the worst room I've ever stayed in in the US. The TV screen was purple and the remote did not work. The wifi malfunctioned the whole night, there was a yellow substance left in our refrigerator, and the vending machines probably have not been re-stocked since the 80's. The "bed" was more of a metal box. The breakfast was probably food that was days or weeks old and I didn't touch it. The worker reminded me of Andy Dick's cameo in the movie "Road Trip" in terms of how rude and weird he was. To boot, he would use a Ziploc bag to handle everything rather than gloves that were on his desk, and didn't care whether keys were returned or not. Staying here was like a trip to the Twilight Zone that, after this, will be very happily forgotten. Avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Oh my! Where do I begin? I booked this room under my choice privileges points. Let me just say that even for free, It was NOT worth it!!!!
My friend and I (two females) walked in about mid-day only to approach Justin(I later found out his name since he was not wearing a name tag) the rudest front desk agent I've ever encountered. He had the attitude of an employee who had been workng there for six years and did not wnat to be at his job anymore. Firstly, He had a Quality Inn pen in his mouth(GROSS & UNSANTITARY!!) all of the pens at the desk looked like he had been biting/chewing them-_-.Someonone clearly has a problem!!! the latest basketball game playing on a "front desk personal television" located behind him---Not proffesional! The lobby smelled as though something died and never returned.eeewwww!!!!! So on with my story. I give him my last name and he says "Oh yeah your staying under your points" as if it was an issue and he had been waiting to meet the cheap skate with the free room or something! I was then asked to fill out a sheet asking the same information I would assume was already in his system. He then Hands me the room keys without a key card sleeve..uuhhh can we say CHEAP?!!! I proceeded to aske for one since key cards go in key card sleeves??.... He pretends to "look" for one only to "discover" that they were all out. Justin proceeds to bust out with a post-it. Yes people I said a post-it!! writes my room number on it and asks me "will this work?"..uuumm I knew at that moment what type of hotel I was dealing with. My friend and I walked to our room which was all the way in the back of the property, only to discover ants all over the bathroom. Furious and confused, the two of us walked back to the desk to infom him of our discovery. His reply, "really??" He goes to verify and comes back and says "Yeah theres ants! sorry I questioned you".. He now magically had a room in the front when I initially asked him for one close for safety, he said they didnt have any in the beginning of the check in??? Sounds like I was originally placed in the back because I was staying for "FREE"..To sum it up this place did not have hot water for tea, vending machines were brokern and no store close by for snacks, blood stains on the matress, old/dirty furniture in the room and the rudest employees a person can find! I was waiting for the reality show crew to jump out at us! Words cant explain my experience..All I can advise people is to stay away from this place unless you want to receive the worst customer service and do not care about your health(The room conditions).. Thank you for reading

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kay J
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Camarillo for over $90 a night. I chose the location because it was right on the 101 freeway. The hotel looks run down from outside. Soon discovered that the rooms were also run down. Check-in service was poor, but I was glad that I could check-in before 3pm. The room was completely dated, worn out and just plain sorry. I have noticed that the family of choice hotels is in a very slow decline. There is NO attention of any type of quality or standards. I just believe they will sign up and market any hotel/motel for the fees they receive. I also believe that no one from Choice Hotels has ever stayed at any of the properties they represent, otherwise, I'm sure they would let their friends or family stay their either.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed this past weekend for one night while attending a nearby soccer tournament. We found the hotel to be old and run down. The common areas were dirty, the pool wasn't heated,the beds squeeked when you rolled over, there were ants in the bathroom, the TV was broken. I am not a h/motel snob and usually am not picky however this really was not worth the $85.00 a night price tag. The motel 6 down the street looked to be in better shape than this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family