“Best Thai food in the area”
Review of Sawadee Restaurant

Sawadee Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 206 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Thai
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2005

My wife and I love Thai food, but we were having a difficult time finding the real thing in Ventura County. We tried four or five poor to mediocre places before we found Sawadee. The restaurant is a modest tile roofed building at 315 Arneill Rd. in Downtown Camarillo. The place is clean and well maintained. But this is just preamble. They make some of the best Thai food I have tasted. They advertise fresh ingredients, including fresh herbs and spices, plus no MSG, and we could taste it. The last time we were there my wife had Tom Yum Goong soup, and declared it the best she had ever had. I like their spring rolls, which are remarkable for their thin skin and fresh, varied contents. I had a vegetarian Massaman curry, which had a rich, sweet flavor. I got it with the dark sticky rice, which had real flavor and a chewy texture. They provided cups of sauces and spices so that we could adjust the heat to our preference. Their Pad Kee Mao is excellent, with the noodles neither over nor under cooked, spicy but not nuclear. The people who run the place are friendly. We came in early and learned a few things about Thai spices from the woman of the house. This is the place to go for Thai in Ventura County.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member