“Consistent & good”

Transit: We are 1/2 a block east of the train station within walking distance
Camarillo, California
“Consistent & good”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a really nice family run operation. We've been coming here for years. It's a great place to go when we can't decide where else to go. The food is always good and the service very friendly.
If you're new here, I would highly recommend the specials - almost always excellent.
On the regular menu - my wife's favorite is the pasta arbiatta, simply one of the best you'll find anywhere; if you like tomatoes, it'll be nirvana. My favorite is the scallops - fabulous flavor.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Neil D

Ojai, California
“Good food...not much ambience”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We've eaten here several times (usually for lunch) and enjoy the food. Service is excellent. I find the ambience lacking... a bit bare and too quiet. There is just something lacking in the over-all experience. The owners need to create a cozier (for lack of a better word) space. Soft Italian music playing would help. Not a good date destination because of the lack of atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
“What a nice surprise in Camarillo's Old Town!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We've seen this place for quite a while, as it's next to the Southbound 101 Freeway onramp from Ventura Boulevard...but we never ventured in before--a mistake!

We had the temerity to make a reservation for Mother's Day, and braced for the typical bad holiday experience...but were surprised to find everyone cheerful, the food wonderful, and the place half empty. What's going on here, Camarillo?!

Lunch is more of a dinner, so that may be part of the half empty, but the selection was very interesting, and the food well prepared. I had Morro Bay scallops, which is a real test of the kitchen. They arrived piping hot, and neither over or under cooked. Bravo! The veal and chicken marsalas were reportedly delicious, and eggplant parmesan was fresh and tasty.

Wine selection was limited but excellent. Prices reasonable for the quality of food.

Atmosphere is a bit plain...floors are concrete, walls painted, not a stitch of sound absorbing material in the place, so it can be noisy even with half the tables empty!

We'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GLennox
Camarillo, California
“Not Special”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We looked forward to our visit. The restaurant looked great from the outside. We couldn't get a table outside, but were happy inside until we got our food. It was plain and tasteless. It tasted like it came out of a can and didn't look much better. There is not much more I can say. We went with friends and not one of us was happy with our meal and without good food, what's left? Service was average, but even great service can't make up for a disappointing meal. We won't be back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank CamReviewer123
“Lovely ambience, food was very good, excellent service, and the serving sizes were just right.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My son-in-law & family love this place & invited us out for a New Year's Eve dinner. It was a lovely evening. The wait staff was very efficient & professional, and we all loved our entrees. I ordered their special which was lobster stuffed filet & it was cooked perfectly & the presentation was delightful. There was a nice serving of fresh sautéed veggies alongside the entree. So that with the toasted bread & dipping sauce, plus their delicious house salad was perfect. My husband had the pasta Alfredo, one of my granddaughters had pasta & homemade meatballs which she loved. Everything is made in house. My husband also had the clam chowder in a homemade sourdough bread bowl & he raved about that too. Creme brûlée was carmelized right in front of us & it was the best we've ever had (next my daughter's homemade). Yes, I will definitely return as will my family. It was wonderful being so welcomed in a family owned & run operation. Very warm feeling.

1 Thank Vfielder