“Not prima pasta”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lewis Road
Transit: We are 1/2 a block east of the train station within walking distance
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Three of us ate lunch and the pasta was a disappointment to all. It was cooked al dente but was bland and the sauces were uninspired and failed the classic Italian restaurant test of penne with oil, garlic and red pepper. Service was friendly and efficient. The house chianti was a standout of an otherwise unmemorable meal, as was the warm bread served with a saucer of a delectable olive oil and garlic mixture. The sparsely decorated, single room, 50-seat restaurant is in a stand alone building adjacent to two parking lots and close to the main street - so that traffic noise makes the small front patio not especially inviting. For us a disappointment, as there is so much potential, but the lack of interest is reflected in the totally disorganized back of house area which becomes visible when visiting the washrooms.

2  Thank 22club58

Reviewed June 1, 2012

As my wife was hungry for spaghetti bolognese we were very surprised to find an italian restaurant in camarillo.
The service was okay, but not as good as other locations we have visited during our holidays in california. The waiter was more related to serve the customers he knows.
The dish was very good, the proce average. We would visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank TomWagner
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Having visited Italy last year, we were hard pressed to find the North American equivalent of the restaurants over there. This place is comparable to the best Italian restaurants in Italy. Appetizer for four was a portabello mushroom with gorgonzola and a marinara sauce. Sounds simple, but man was it good.

For main courses my wife had scallops and angel hair pasta and I had the filet stuffed with brie in a red wine sauce. Outstanding! Our joint desert was a strawberry crepe made right at out table. Service was impeccable. Excellent wine list. This place was a real find.

1  Thank KitchenerWelshguy
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Very good !! Service good
Rainy cold night tonight could use a heater but food was very very good !!

1  Thank PCYC869
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My hubby and I recently celebrated my birthday at Verona's. The evening could not have been better. We started off with a stuffed mushroom appetizer. Very good. My main entree was the filet mignon that was cooked to perfection, and my husband had another steak (can't remember which one) that was also cooked to perfection. Both were served with a small side pasta and vegetables. I also ordered a small house salad and hubby had one of their bean soups (both very good, too). We didn't stop there. For dessert we ordered a flambéed fruit crepe and a bananas foster, both prepared at our table. As if that was not enough, I cannot forget to mention the delicious homemade bread with olive oil for dipping. The wine was also another "very good." A cute, cozy restaurant. Excellent service. We have never been disappointed. Stuffed, but well worth it. Thank you, Verona's!

1  Thank camred