“Just all around good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas Cattle Co. - CLOSED

Texas Cattle Co.
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our philosophy is to provide our customers with an experience that includes quality food at a reasonable price in a setting that is casual and relaxed with excellent service. As of January 2013, we now offer Certified Angus Beef that are steakhouse quality. This legendary gem of over 25 years is a local favorite that offers an array of freshly prepared Tex-Mex dishes. Menu items include starters like: Macho Nachos and Buffalo Wings to Home-style Soups and Texas-sized Salads, Texas Philly’s and Turkey Burgers along with Sandwich and Patty Melt Classics with a twist like the Ortega Melt, to Soft Tacos, Burritos and Flautas, delicious Texas Burgers, and Steaks that are Certified Angus Beef and Mouth-watering Ribs that go down nicely with an Iced Cold Beer! Top it all off with a Mud Pie for dessert!
Ventura, California
“Just all around good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I, and our family, have enjoyed dinning here for a long time. After taking my Grand-daughters to see the movie OZ at a theatre in Camarillo, which we all enjoyed, I asked them where they would like to go for dinner and they both said Texas Cattle Co. My oldest Grand-daughter who is 12 and I split a chili size which was more than enough for both of us and my other grand-daughter had her favorite, clam chowder in a bread bowl. These are just two of the items on the menue but most folks really like thier burgers which are their speciality. They also have ribs, fish, steak and salads as well as great deserts. They always start you off with a bowl of popcorn so you have something to do with your fingers and mouth while your waiting for your dinner. Dress is casual but people seem to dress as they please. The food is always consistant, as in good! Their prices are fair, even I can afford to eat there. They seem to have something for everyone. I have never heard a bad word said about this place. We like it!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dan C

Camarillo, California
“Great burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last night's visit was my first after being taken to lunch there over 5 years ago. The place smelled very clean (actaully like Clorox!) and it was relatively empty so we were skeptical. We both ordered a large beer, which came ice cold. So far, so good! There was a special burger offered, the California Burger (with bacon & avacado) that we ordered. Yum! It was probably the best burger that I've found in Camarillo. The fries were cooked to perfection (crispy outside, soft inside). The service was excellent. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Tomboy3
Camarillo, California
“great food @ reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have been going to Texas Cattle Co. for years and the food has remained consistently good all that time, as has the service! It doesn't matter whether we are ordering burgers, chicken or one of the many other choices, we can depend on a good meal. The prices are reasonable, the servings are generous and no one can stay away from pop corn served while you wait...

Visited June 2012
Camarillo, California, United States
“hamburger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

meat is good, fries and ice tea great. serve popcorn when fist sit down, fresh and good. went by myself and read book, no problem with staying at table

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Sandra M
“Bugs in the food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Last night my husband, and another couple visited this restaurant only to have a bug crawl out of my salad with in 30 seconds of my plate being out on the table. 5 min after the plate was taken away we had to ask to see the manager. After telling her that I refused to pay for my meal she insulted me, then told me, "this sort of thing happens all the time, I don't understand what your problem is!" I know my family and friends will certainly not be going to a place where beetles crawling out of food is the norm.

2 Thank FDundas
Richard C, Owner at Texas Cattle Co., responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hi FDundas, First of all, I sincerely apologize for how you were treated during your last dining experience with us. I can assure you that bugs in our food is not the norm. Texas Cattle Co. is under new ownership since your last visit and we are going back to look at all reviews to hear directly from the customer what it is we can improve upon. Our philosophy is to provide our customers with an experience that includes quality food at a reasonable price in a setting that is casual and relaxed with excellent service. I hope that you might give us another try to experience our new menu, staff, and friendly atmosphere. Thank you for sharing your experience as your voice is valuable to our business. Gratefully, Richard - Owner of Texas Cattle Co.