“Decent Italian in Ventura County”
Review of Bistro 13

Bistro 13
Ranked #14 of 206 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Ventura County isn't known as a gastronomic destination, but with more restaurants like Bistro 13 it certainly could be.

Though located at the eastern edge of Camarillo beneath the Conejo Grade in a shopping center the interior ambiance is cozy. Owner Giovanni Tromba - acting as host & bartender - is charming and accommodating.

The food was delightful. We arranged a special menu that included the Burrata Beet Salad, the Butternut Squash Ravioli, a Halibut dish & a Chicken dish finished with sorbet & gelato. None of us left food on our plates. Every dish was yummy.

We will certainly return & recommend it.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I can't think of a restaurant in the whole county that has a better menu, better tasting food or better service.

It is a consistantly perfect place to eat.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Best Italian place in town. Good food and verity of choices. Service is OK. Not expensive. Staff always helpful and prompt.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were going to the independent movie house in Camarillo and decided to try Bistro 13 for the first time. While it's in a strip mall, the place is nicely decorated, the food very good, and the staff extremely helpful. I had the special fish, halibut, and it was quite good and served very hot. My husband had a chicken dish, also served piping hot directly from the kitchen, which we could see from our table. I am sure we will be back as we enjoy the movies close by. I recommend Bistro 13, which also has a nice bar area.

1  Thank caukwiphyllis
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I go here about 4 Times a year and I love their calamari. Their seafood pasta is always good too. The servers are great. .. can't say anything bad about this restaurant except parking is a problem on weekdays so go there early

Been to Bistro 13? Share your experiences!