“A great surprise party”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I wanted to throw a surprise birthday party for my wife & enlisted Giovanni to help me.

He did a lot more then help. He gave me a real good price on a limited menu.

He set up the room so my wife never suspected anything and even helped me with the car I got her. He was wonderful.

The food was really good as usual (and expected) and the service was even better than usual.

All in all it was a night we will remember.

I would recommend Bistro 13 to anyone looking for a great dining experience.

If you are thinking of a party, stop in and see Giovanni. You will be surprised at what he will do for you at a very resonable cost.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Had a very delicious four course dinner last night with friends. Very reasonably priced and presentation well done. Just the right amount of seasoning and ample portion sizes. Owner Giovanni Tromba very charming and gracious. Chef Abdul very talented young man. Highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

This restaurant is in a mini-mall. The interior is sunny and upscale. Was there for lunch. Most dishes were between $15-$20. Not cheap for lunch. You can pick a pasta and sauce, or they have entrees. I choose gnocchi with pomodoro sauce. The gnocchi and sauce were both good. Service was very good. Salads were average. Was not a fan of the bread, its soft not crusty. I would come here for a business lunch again. Would like to try other dishes.

1  Thank Hitcher84
Reviewed September 6, 2011

A good friend of mine told me to try this place. I cook my own Italian food to rave reviews and seldom venture to a restaurant for this type of food. I ordered a Marsala dish. First
to arrive was a very sweet and pastey bread. One look and I knew it was junk. I sent it
back, so as not to waste food. Ordered a side Caesar. Really lame dressing! There were only (2) other tables occupied. One dear young woman was there as waitress and she had a busboy. The OWNER browbeated her to a degree that I got my dish TO GO so as NOT to
have my stomach in KNOTS. The OWNER was audacious enough to tell me to come back
soon again for the BEST Italian food in Camarillo. He must be smoking crack!

1  Thank traveledone_9
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Bistro 13 is a small Italian Restaurant near the Marriot Inn in Camarillo, CA. The owner, Giovanni is usually on site, visits every table and loves to talk about his home country of Italy. Always listen to his specials as they are usually really good. You can order a variety of sauces and pick your own pasta. He also has great fish, chicken and beef dishes. It is in a strip mall but just a step away from the Marriott. We always go there after the movies. It has become our favorite.

Been to Bistro 13? Share your experiences!