“a very good menu”

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a very good menu”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I liked the feel of the restaurant. A little more up market than a bar and grill. The food was very tasty.

Visited April 2012

Camarillo, California
“Nice breakfast experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We usually go to other places for Sunday breakfast but every place was busy and we ended up at California Grill because we noticed the new sign showing they served breakfast. Was a very pleasant experience. there was a quiet, relaxed atmosphere that you don't usually find at breakfast time--jazz playing in the background. Price was a little more expensive than a regular breakfast place but was worth it just to sit back and have a leisurely Sunday breakfast. We will be back!

Visited March 2013
“Downhill!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have enjoyed many meals at this lovely restaurant for over 10 years. It has a wonderful decor and bar area. Very classy and comfortable. Unfortunately, in the past year the service and dinner entrees have been lacking the quality of the past. If you are looking for a nice place for appetizers and cocktails, then it will be a hit for most patrons. I would look elsewhere for dinner.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Goonliving
Oxnard
“Somewhat Dissapointing.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had eaten here many times in the past when we worked in the valley and passed this restaurant daily. It is now called, "The Grill", and we used a coupon from Restaurant.com to eat there this time. I ordered roasted marrow bones and they were yummy! We asked for bread and recieved a small basket of bread. We both had caesar salad which was good although I am used to having parmesan cheese on it and if it was there, I didn't see or taste it. But there were anchovies and I love those so it made up for the missing cheese. My husband ordered the shrimp and scallop meal. He got 3 very well done shrimp, 2 scallops, a small amount of fries and some coleslaw. I ordered the Lamb Shanks which I have ordered many times in the past and loved. They used to come with white beans , not any longer, they come with gnocchi and cooked spinach and it all was very salty. We had iced tea which was served to us at the beginning and had hardly any ice and soon turned warm. No one offered refills until the end of the meal and I told the waittress the tea was warm and I didn't want a refill. This used to be a favorite place to go but not any more.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“DISAPPOINTING”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We received a coupon for a 4 piece dinner at $20 each person. Excited, but were told at the restaurant it only included three options. Since I'm a vegetarian, pork, etc. didn't work for me and waitress said she couldn't even think of what they could substitute even though their online menu shows pasta dishes. I ordered grilled cheese and tomato soup but it was like a child cooked it. White bread with cheese and what tasted like Campbell's canned soup. Waitress just not interested in us or making this a nice experience. Would not go there again.

• Visited January 2013