“Outstanding food and service”

Ottavio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 206 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2012

You really cant go wrong here..Everything is fabulous,starting with the homemade rolls. This place started as a "hole in the wall" many years ago and has evolved into a 4 star dining treat. The atmosphere makes you feel as if you are in Italy. It is a little pricey but if you appreciate qulity this is the place to go

Reviewed July 1, 2012

food was excellent and bread very good. Friendly persons and group can get separate checks

Reviewed June 25, 2012

first of all, the service is the best i ever seen in a resturant, and the food was real Italian taste. prices were also good.

2  Thank ZiadNabil
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Oh boy - where do I start.

Our server barely understood a word we said, I ordered an italian soda which was basically 1 part soda and 10 parts syrup - eugh. I sent it back and got another one that tasted just as bad. The waiter didn't understand the whole military discount thing combined with a free appetizer coupon (that they kept confusing with livingsocial or something) and it took about 20mins to sort out that issue. Service was SLOW, not once did he ask if we liked the food. Appetizer was mozzarella sticks - I've never tasted anything so bland before. Trust me they were gross. Told the waiter I was terribly sorry but I couldn't even eat them and he looked at me like I had just cancelled his christmas. I told him he could just take them off the check as they hadn't been eaten.

Before dinner was served I looked down and the table came complete furnished with a dirty fingernail. I nearly threw up into my salad. That, coupled with a note the previous people sat at the table had left made it pretty clear the table hadn't been cleaned properly inbetween. They called the manager over who said "well it wasn't there when you sat down". REALLY? I don't think I have ever been so appauled in my life. So wait a second, your thinking that I was trying to get a free meal out of it? Please, your food aint that good. She then said "well what do you want me to do about it?" and promptly walked off. Not an apology, no mention of making it up to us, nothing. I was disgusted.

Dinner was absolutely nothing to write home about, not the worst thing I have ever put into my mouth but by no means worthy of a trip back. Bland, tasteless and probably straight out of a can.

We got the check as soon as we could and got the hell out of there. Unattentive servers, even worse management and tasteless, overpriced food. I wouldn't go back there again if you paid me.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The food here is EXCELLENT, and the atmosphere is full of original murals painted directly on the walls, giving you a sense of really being in Italy. I've visited this eatery several times and have never been disappointed. This most recent time I got their signature specialty Butternut Squash Ravioli. What a fantastic blend of flavors! Add a glass of chianti and life is beautiful.