“One of my dad's favorites”

Bandits Grill & Bar
Ranked #12 of 202 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were visiting family (my father) in Camarillo and this is apparently one of their hang-outs. They usually do the bar, but we ate in the restaurant for this visit. Food was excellent (I had ribs and my wife had chicken sandwich). Really good BBQ. Love the peanuts on the floor (altho apparently in the restaurant they have to clean up right away because parents of kids with peanut allergies cannot be counted on to control their children and not have them eat stray peanuts off the floor).

Excellent service (because dad is a regular?). Prompt, very friendly. Would definitely go back next time we're in town

There are newer reviews for Bandits Grill & Bar

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a tough one. There are many good things but there are some places that do certain areas better. I frequently travel to Camarillo on business so I appreciate that bar setup in Bandits more. Lots of TVs and they actually have the volume on so you can hear whats going on. At the Wood Ranch there are only a few TVs but they never seem to have the volume on.

They do have a better happy hour than Wood Ranch in the 'Saloon' section but I don't really benefit since I expense my dinners (no alcohol). Still if you are looking for good beer and appetizer specials Bandits is a better choice than Wood Ranch

The staff is also friendlier. This is, by no means, to say that Wood Ranch is unfriendly but they don't manage quite the same interaction as the Bandits bartenders. That said the Wood Ranch bartenders do seem a bit busier.

As for the food I have had the Tri-tip at both places more than once. Bandits has perhaps a slight edge on perfection of cooking. The medium trip tip was perfect. That said - I found the tri-tip notably more flavorful at Woodranch so they get the win here. Woodranch's Mac&Cheese is better too: More and creamier cheese. Bandits has better mashed potatoes but who bothers to pick a place based on mashed potatoes?

Overall I would give the better rating to Wood Ranch because their food is better and the areas that Bandit's does well doesn't have such an edge over Woodranch to negate the food quality. Still Bandit's is certainly not a bad decision

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a great restaurant with a great staff....try it and you will come back again and agan.
The beer is !!!!!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have eaten here many times and always have a good meal. I love pulled pork and chicken, so I always get this here. My husband and son get other things though and we always look forward to coming back. They highly recommend the steaks and ribs, with the ribs being their favorites. Give it a try; it's just good food.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I can only review the bar section of Bandits as we did not eat in the restaurant. We visited twice during Happy Hour and had great service, food and drinks! Happy Hour drink specials are great and the appetizers were delicious as well. The Pulled Pork sliders were my favorite along with the onion rings. Loved the dark old town decor while still enjoying all the big screen TVs around the saloon. The bartender was awesome, she was fast and friendly, even remembered what we drank the night before. The support staff worked hard to clear off tables and wash glasses. We will definitely be back here the next time we are in town!