“Hidden Gem in Camarillo”
Review of Hidden Cafe

Hidden Cafe
Ranked #43 of 203 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: American
Camarillo, Ca
“Hidden Gem in Camarillo”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

New restaurant serving breakfast and lunch, you have to search a little for it (just keep going down Camarillo Springs Rd until you see it on the right). Open 7am to 2pm. There is seating both inside and on the heated patio, and it seemed to be popular at lunchtime. Interesting menu with a nice variety of egg dishes, and the dishes we had (veggie scramble and veggie omelet) had a lot of veggies in them, and the fruit sides were very good as well. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank seadog22

camarillo, ca
“Despite the name, easy to find”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Not really the place you'd expect to find a restaurant; it's right off the 101 Camarillo Springs exit... so very convenient on the way to/from the Outlet Mall (hey, I know why folks come to Camarillo), and just next to the Camarillo Springs Golf Course.

The day I was there, it was rainy, but looked like there was a nice patio for outdoor seating, especially since it's so quiet here. The indoor decor is utilitarian-diner, but don't let that put you off, b/c the food (at least the breakfasts, which we had) is VERY good. I decided to go all out and have the steak and eggs. That was one nice cut of meat, and beautifully cooked. It comes with pancakes, and for an extra $1, you can get some of their specialty pancakes, which I did. I splurged on the banana nut pancakes, and they really do come loaded with bananas and pecans on top.

The chef came out to talk to folks while we were eating and I understand that he used to work at Uncle Herb's (a local breakfast legend) and then moved on to several country club restaurants. You can definitely tell in the quality of the cooking. I understand that they also have homemade cinnamon rolls 'roughly half the size of your head'. Gotta try those another time.

Lastly, breakfast places live and die by me based on their coffee. This one passes with flying colors. Rich, strong, but not bitter. Folger's it ain't.

• Visited January 2013