“Hole in the Wall”

Lucerne Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucerne Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 202 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Yummy food, moderate price. However, service kind of slow; might be a problem if one were rushed for time. On the quiet side and good for talking and relaxing. Very courteous waiter. don't go for the decor, but for good Italian food!

1  Thank newdiet

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stopped in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. Service was friendly and efficient. The food was really good. I had their Lucerne sauce with fettucini and it was very flavorful. My companion tried their spaghetti and meatballs. The green salad was dressed with a nice vinaigrette. We can't wait to go back and try some of their other dishes.

1  Thank 859MJO
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have lived in Camarillo 20 years and didn't find this restaurant until very recently, and now I want to eat there all the time. There is nothing not excellent about this place except its location hidden next to KMart. I recommend any fish dish - I can't cook fish well so I will let Lucerne do it for me. The sauces and herb seasonings are amazing. I tried the marinara on my husband's eggplant parmesan and it tasted like it was made a few minutes prior with good fresh tomatoes. I appreciate that they bring excellent bread without having to ask and sound like a glutton, and also that soup or salad comes with the entree without paying extra. The bill at the end of the meal is less than I expect from a place like this. It is tastefully decorated and reminds me of unique small restaurants I used to go to in Philadelphia - old, non-chain establishments. Check it out Camarillo!

1  Thank Gina H
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This place was wonderful, the service was amazing. THE FOOD!! All I can say is wow!! It was the best Italian food I have had in a long time.. The waiters were old school family men.. It was a wonderful experience. It's old world style you will not be disappointed with the wonderful blends of herbs and spices.

1  Thank Bythelightofthemoon
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

In a small location near a crappy Kmart, is a little gem of an Italian place. Service is great. Food is delicious. Wine is reasonable. Desserts suck, lol, but I have only tried a few and I think they are all store bought. Doesn't matter. The chicken, pasta and fish are yummy, fresh and delicious. The lasagna is my favorite with chicken cannelloni (a special) in 2nd place. Friends have had a fish dish on special, sea bass, and chicken florentine and piccata. All excellent. One friend and I are on a constant search for the best lasagna. This one wins hands down for local restaurants.

2  Thank Teri O