Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
$70
  • Pool
$168
$151
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfast food restaurantscomplimentary breakfastwafflesroom was cleancookiesvery nice hotelbreakfast areabusiness centerfresh fruitpool and hot tubpotatoesoutlet mallgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againsanta barbaraconvenient locationnice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2013

There is the good, the bad, and the ugly. The good - Good location to the Outlets/ 101, many restaurants near-by, free internet, free breaskfast, rooms were clean and quiet. The bad - the night I stayed appeared to be check-in night for the homeless. The hotel must accept vouchers for stays at their hotel as there was a line from a room on the first floor that blocked the hallway, this was around 8pm so some may never notice this. Why I do not mind this and applaud you for giving back to the community, it was a turn-off to paying guests. I had to fight my way from the parking lot down the hallway that was full of people who did not smell so sweet. In additon, the lobby was full of people waiting for their room assignments, which made it difficult for paying customers to enjoy the lobby. I would suggest using one of your conference rooms for this check-in process so not to take up the lobby and block guests in the hallway. The ugly - I arrived at the hotel at 4:30pm and once I parked my car, I noticed a lot of homeless hanging out in the parking lot, some of which sitting along the curbs to parking spaces...thus I had to choose a different spot. When I left for dinner around 5:30pm I was approached by a homless man who asked me for money while I was sitting in my car. I was suprised to see so many homeless in the area, but when I returned at 8pm as they were checking in it made sense. I never saw one security guard, so perhaps that would be a nice addition. The good points outweigh the others so I gave this a three star.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 3rd Floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Stacey,

I first want to apologize for one of the "Homeless People" approaching you. They actually were not homeless people but were patients of a local facilty for people with special needs that had been evacuated due to the fires. We, as a very involved communtiy hotel, did our part to help the community and these special patitents. They were located in our conference rooms until we were able to check them all into rooms. They did have 8 counselors on site monitoring them and they should have not approched you. I also arranged a private breakfast for them in the same conference room so that our other guests would feel more comfortable. Again I do apologize if you felt unsafe but I can assure you this situatuion was due to the emergency evacuation due to the fires and not the norm.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My part time job entails traveling from No Cal to So Cal and back again about 1x per month. I have stayed at this hotel multiple time for work and I have alwasy found it to be clean and fresh. The landscape is lovely, the breakfast delicious and the rooms relaxing and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed for a night in Camarillo at the Hampton Inn. The location was a bit hard to find at night, but hotel was nice when we got there on a business trip after a long day. Free Breakfast in the morning, comfortable bedding, clean and comfortable room. The value for the money was OK. Mexican fast food joint adjacent to the hotel, and not much in the way of good restaurants or things to do nearby, so I just say it's average Hampton Inn experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am not pleased and I do apolodize that we just rated as an average Hampton Inn. We do strive to exceed all guest expectations to a higher level than average. I wll address your comments with my staff and I do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is very good value for money. Just off highway 101, rooms are clean, well furnished and comfortable. Standard of housekeeping is very high. Excellent value for money, would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. I am pleased that you enjoyed our amenities. Thanks for the recommendation!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is very clean and staff are very friendly. The breakfast was fantastic and the gentleman running it was super friendly. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. Myself and my staff love to hear that we are delivering the service levels that I expect.