“High quality, comfortable value with courteous service.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The front desk and all other staff are courteous and helpful. It is a great location with easy ingress/egress to the 101 FWY. Excellent breakfast. Convenient, plentiful parking. Many amenities close by, including huge outlet shopping center.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent customer service. I am pleased that you enjoyed our amenities as well as our location and Breakfast.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Can't hope for me on a business hotel. Very clean and fresh room. Plenty of space. Windows that actually open for air. Refrigerator and Microwave. Coffee in-room. Includes evening reception and morning breakfast. Convenient location. Reasonable price. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

First of all I want to thank you for your comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing great customer service. I am pleased that you enjoyed our amenities as well as our location. I also noticed that you have stayed at other hotels in Camarillo. We strive to be the first choice in Camarillo. If for whatever reason you are unable to get a reservation at our hotel please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Breakfast was simple but fresh and tasty, gym was excellent. Room was spacious and upgraded. Lots of restaurants nearby. You can walk (about .5 miles) to the outlet mall. Awesome running paths and trails as there are sidewalks everywhere. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Lots of parking. Only complaint is that you can here the 101 pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

First of all I want to thank you for your comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing great customer service. I am pleased that you enjoyed all our amenities as well as our location. I do apologize that you felt it was little noisy due to the 101 freeway.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is very nice property convenient to Camarillo business parks. Excellent customer service, nice clean rooms, restaurants within walking distance, coffee and ice water available all day, Good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed February 12, 2013

King Room is spacious, furnishings seemed to fairly new and not worn, bathrooms were clean, and service was good. Although next to the freeway 101, I could not hear it in the rooms. Had an issue with toilet and it was fixed within 5 minutes. Staff is very nice and responsive. For the price, $129 inlcuing tax with AAA discount, rooms could not be beat. Breakfast was not very good with the hot dishes (eggs and tortillas) as it seemed to have been cooked hours earlier. The cook it yourself waffles were good. Coffee was aceptable, no complaints. Only 1/2 mile from the premium outlets. Trick entrance with no signs, enter fro the driveway between the Carl's Jr and McD's - fortunately I had read earlier Trip Advisor comments and did not miss the driveway. I would stay here again, but go out for breakfast if I want a satisfying breakfast.

Room Tip: I stayed on first floor and had no noise issues (Saturday Night Stay)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

First of all I want to thank you for your comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing great customer service. We are looking at our Hampton Brand options at bringing more variety to Breakfast. We have already switched our pastry provider.
I do apologize that it did not meet your standards during your stay with us. Unfortunately we have certain guidelines and products that we have to provide.

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Good things: room is pretty spacious and comfortable, very clean feeling.
Not so good things (for me): exercise room only has one of each equipment so if someone is using an equipment you want to use, you have to wait or compromise and use something else. In addition, the exercise room is not open until 6am, so you can't really get ahead of everyone. It was a business trip for me, so I didn't have time to wait for the treadmill to be available, so I had to use the only thing available at the moment, which was bike.
Another thing that bothered me was that I had a bagel for breakfast but it was kind of hard and dry as if it has been sitting out for a while. I had my breakfast at 6:45 am and it opened 6am.

• Stayed: January 2013

First of all I want to thank you for your comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel. We are looking at our Hampton Brand options at bringing more variety to Breakfast. I do apologize that it did not meet your standards during your stay with us. We are also looking at expanding our Fitness Center in the near future. We did renovate it in the last couple years with state of the art equipment but do understand the lack of certain cardio equipment.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

In this era of declining service and guest gouging by inexcusable, irritating “fees” it’s a relief for a road warrior to know that he can rely on this hotel that still offers an old-fashioned American fair shake: not only complimentary services, such as a rich hot breakfast buffet (a great convenience when on the run), internet access, parking, even a simple reception three evenings a week, but also impeccable service by personable staff supervised by exceptional executives such as Front Office Manager Jason Lessel.

I was surprised to see Mr. Lessel leaving the hotel late on a Sunday afternoon and still working behind the Front Desk at 7:30 pm on Monday evening. This gentleman, who manages by example, never misses an opportunity to greet guests and ask if they need anything to make their stay more enjoyable. No corporate advertising budget can win and keep customers as effectively as Mr. Lessel’s attitude, policies and practices.

I would also like to cite the exceptional, friendly service beyond the call of duty of Front Office agent Martha, of Housekeeping employee Dalia and the amazing Eduardo who is in charge of and preparer of the complimentary breakfast buffet. He not only sees to it that buffet items are replenished promptly but, like the owner of a posh French restaurant, goes around the tables asking guests how they are doing and if they need anything!

The hotel’s physical facilities and equipment are excellent, its location is very convenient and I have also appreciated the hotel’s strict NO PETS policy that saves you from barking dogs waking you up in the middle of the night. A big Thank You to management and staff until we meet again, and again.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Wow! First of all I want to thank you for your wonderful comments. As a person who has been in this business now 25 years it never gets old reading such wonderful comments about my staff as well as a guests complete satisfaction of their stay with us.

We take great pride in delivering personalized service to every guest we encounter. I am so pleased that we and especially Jason, Eduardo, Dalia and Martha left a lasting impression during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again and again

Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Michael Reardon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Residence Inn Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
#5 of 10 in Camarillo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo? Share your experiences!