“A Welcome Break After Driving for Hours”

Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and our 18 year old son spent two weeks vacation in California with a few hotels planned at the last minute. We were looking for rooms with two full size beds (not pull out couches) and were very pleased with our experience at Hampton. In particular, I look under mattresses at hotels to make sure there are no surprises and at Hampton the mattresses where new, pristine and covered with clean fresh and comfortable duvets. This makes a big difference when trying to close your eyes and get a good nights sleep. Large and comfortable rooms!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

First of all I want to thank you for staying with us. We are constantly upgrading at our property and the bed in my opinion is the most important item in the entire hotel. Service is the most important non-item and my staff and I care about every guest that stays with us. We take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. Thank you for the wonderful comments.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for the 5 th time. Check in was effecient and friendly, Our room was large and spotless. Breakfast was good. There also was a management hospitality time which is held during the week with wine and beer and snacks. This is a great place. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the highway side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

First of all I want to thank you for staying with us when you come to town (5 times). My staff and I care about every guest that stays with us. We take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. Thank you for the wonderful comments.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

After all, it 'just' a Hampton Inn. I like Hampton’s stay there a lot. Love the consistency. But this one is more. Nice all around, but then price was a bit higher than usual too. As always, great rooms. Breakfast area a highlight – two story open space with high-top table. Real nice. Food was usual H-Inn fare, but presented very nicely. Several decent restaurants in walking distance. Recommended if you need a stopover in this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morgan2010
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful comments. I also see that you provide a lot of reviews and travel quite a bit. I want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback as this is the only way Hotels really know how they are doing. I am glad everything was excellent during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel exceeded our expectations (which were quite high after reading the Tripadvisor reviews and choosing this hotel). Highly recommend. The eggs need improvement, but the rest of the breakfast offerings were good. The beds were comfy, the shower was nice and everything was very clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful comments. We strive to deliver a fresh, clean, comfortable room as well as provide excellent service to every guest. I am gald we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The room we stayed in was spacious, clean, and well stocked. The continental breakfast had an extensive selection of fresh and hot food. The staff was extremely friendly and seemed to legitimately care about my hotel experience. I would highly recommend this location to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2012
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I and especially my staff care about every guest that stays with us. We take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. Thank you for the wonderful comments and recommendations.

Hope you have a wonderful Summer,

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed over night as we had to attend an early morning church service. We are Hilton Honors members so we booked this stay for free. When we returned from dinner, there were two bottles of water and a package of Oreo cookies for us.
The room was large with a flat screen television, microwave, mini refridgerator and desk. The bathroom had all the amenities and lots of towels. The beds were very comfortable with quilts.
The buffet breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, yoghurt , cereals, hot items, breads and a waffle maker. There were two strengths of coffee, decaf coffee and hot water with a variety of teas and hot chocolate.
This hotel is close to the outlets and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank verda

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you chose to stay with us even if only for one night. We take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. I hope you and your family decide to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We just came back from this very nice hotel last Memorial weekend. My husband and two boys loved our stay here. We have spent many times at this chain hotel everywhere we went for our short or long vacation as we are always feel home away from home... What I love about this hotel is its location is best. It is near by everything in your need..Very nice, clean hotel overall... Very nice staff and helpfull to what we need. The only small problem that when we arrived, their elevator was out of service so we had to use the stairs which was not bad at all since we are on second floor and it was good for us to exercise walking up and down many times :). And the elevator was fixed and ready by the next day. My son loves the comlimentary hot breakfast that they offer each morning with many good selections from scramble egg, sausage, hashbrown to self made waffles,muffins, bagels.. boiled egg, to drinks ( fresh brew coffee, hot cocoa, tea etc..) . In the evening, they offer fresh meny difeerent kinds of cookies, hot brewed coffee, tea, .... which was very nice after dinner..The outdoor pool and hot tub are nice ... My kids swam everyday after we come back from the trip... Not to mention there are McDonal , Carl's Jr and Polo Locco fast food restaurants within walking distance... If you are in the mood of shopping (it's me :) There is Camarillo outlet nearby which is a huge outlet with so many stores... The Souplantation restaurant is only 5 mintues drive , as my little boy loves to eat here. We also drove to visit Oxnard channel Island Harbor (20 minutes away) and Santa Barbara down town, beach and Pier (1 hr drive) which was an awesome place. We also visited Historic Purisima Mission in Lompoc(1&30 min.) which was very interesting place.. My older son enjoyed that place since he just learned about it from his Social study class about California History...We defenitely coming back here again soon...

Room Tip: We did not ask but we got a very good room that face near to the vegetable field off from freeway...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful comments. I also want to thank you for pointing out all the amenities we have to offer to all our guest. That was a very busy weekend for us so it delights me that the staff was able to give you the personal service that all our guest deserve.

Michael Reardon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Residence Inn Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
#5 of 10 in Camarillo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo? Share your experiences!