“Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at Bella Capri for 3 nights and overall I enjoyed my stay. The ladies at the front desk were great and super super friendly! We checked in with no problems even though we were 3 hours early for check in. The room was SUPER SUPER clean. Yes the parking inside the courtyard in pretty much a non-factor but that doesn't matter because there is parking right in front of the hotel. We had tv problems in our room and the ladies tried everything to accomadate us. Theresa even gave us comp'ed breakfast vouchers! I would completely recommend Bella Capri Inn to anyone looking for a quaint place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Absolutely loved our stay. It was really beyond our expectations. We know where we will be staying next time we are in town!

• Stayed April 2012
California
Reviewed April 10, 2012

After having moved from Camarillo during the renovation of the Bella Capri, on my next trip into the city I was eager to stay there and see what had been done to the place.

The overall curb appeal of the "inn" is clean, neat and very updated. As I pulled up, I was excited to get in my room and put my feet up. The check in process was quick and Elise was super nice. So far, all was as expected.

I get back in my car and realize that the parking is in the middle of the "inn". So all the exhaust, engine noise and voices stream right into your room...all day, night and VERY early in the morning. My room was SUPER clean (second floor) and there is about approx a 1.5 inch gap between the floor and the bottom of the door, no seal or anything to cover it up. So when people walked by or the cars started up, they might as well been right by me ear.

Judging by the commercial vehicles in the inner parking lot (which reved on at 5:00AM) there were a lot of construction-type workers staying in the "inn", who had little courtesy for the other guests in the building. From pulling out chairs and tables onto the walkway, to shouting clear across the buidling with their jokes.

All the room doors are acessed by an outdoor walkway. My room had a window that faced the walkway, as most of the rooms do. I didn't feel safe, like I do in hotels where the door is the only thing that faces the hall/corridor and the window faces out.

The bedroom and bathroom were extremely small. There is a "hanging area" but no formal closet. And the window from the bathroom, you guessed it, faces the walking area that everyone must take to get to their rooms. In fact, mine had been unlocked the whole time.

Just overall, it's not a romantic place and the name may lead you to think, it's not boutique at all, it's just a simple Travelodge type of place. The pictures were very deceiving. One things I do need to say before wrapping up is that the cleanliness was great. This is one of the cleanest places I've stayed at.

Room Tip: First tip would be to just not stay here. If you must, see if you can get a room with a balcony, as...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Lolizl
Amsterdam
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The Bella Capri Inn is situated in the old town Camarillo which is really nice to see because normally you just drive by and don't see it from the 101. It's very close to the outlet malls and major food chains. The women at the front desk was extremely nice and interested.
I said I wasn't sure what kind of room I booked on their website when I chose the "full" room for $64,- a night.
She said that it's the smallest room they have with a queen bed so she said go see it and when it's too small we can change to a larger room for a few $ extra.
We got room 101, it's a corner room. It was perfect, not super spacious but big enough for two people and a lot of luggage (2 bags a person). The queen bed was cosy, but you have to share it with your partner otherwise it would be too small. The bathroom also was small but I don't need more space, the shower was very good and the aminities too. They don't have curtains but shutters which I really like. There is no breakfast but there is a cafe next door serving everything you need. When we returned later that night the parking lot was quite full but there's more parking outside the building. We could hear people walk in the room above us but this didn't bother us. I really liked staying here it's a perfect last stop (and shop) before heading to LA.

Room Tip: full room is fine for a couple on a budget
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bosbes
The Prairies
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed in the executive king bedroom. The room was adequate, very clean and quiet.. For an extended stay of a couple/ few days, i'd go with a suite. Noise was not an issue, as it was the low season. I would surmise that the courtyard can be a potential noise problem as the door didn't seem to be " sound proof" .
The front desk is very friendly and check in/ check out was very efficient.
Parking is in the courtyard. Judging by the room to parking space ratio, parking could get " iffy" during the high season. There are no elevators to access to second floor rooms.
Its located less than 1 mile from the factory outlet. There a few good restaurants close by. The old town cafe served an " OK" breakfast.
Overall a very good hotel and i enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Go with a second floor room. If you like your " space", go with a suite.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We booked a 'Full Room', which was very small (why it is the least expensive) with a double bed and was nicely decorated. It suited our purpose for staying just one night so we could visit the outlet malls on our way from LA to San Francisco, but if you were staying longer you might like to book one of the larger rooms. The Camarillo Premium Outlets are just a short drive and have heaps of great stores and a delicious Mexican restaurant (among many other restaurants). The staff were very friendly, though as we were suffering from jet lag and decided to have a late afternoon sleep, it was a little difficult with the staff yelling across the courtyard/carpark to each other - maybe some walkie talkies might be a good idea? We booked through the Bella Capri Inn website with no problems at all. We found the bed to be a little hard and the pillows very flat, which was not quite to our liking. The bathroom was very small, but functional. Free wireless internet. Breakfast is not included but there is a cafe on site. A great little place to stay if you are in Camarillo.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Milpitas, California
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I searched for a boutique type accomodation to stay in Camarilo. Bella Capri Inn came up in one of search engine. Stayed at one of the 2 room suite. Just checked in by the owner Debra who assisted me. The reception area really showed that Bella Capri Inn is an awesome place to stay with reception desk made of cesarstone and real wood cabinetry. Got in to the suite and if you are the type that is attentive to details, you are a one happy camper after going inside the suite. Beautifully appointed with italian fixture plumbing, mother of pearl lightings in the bathroom and many more features in this suite. Debra, all hands up to you for recreating a boutique very comfortable accomodation in the heart of Old Town Camarillo. All the best to you Debra!

Room Tip: The Suites are the best to stay at
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family