“The Best thing is the price here”

Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Arroyo Grande, California
“The Best thing is the price here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is in dire need of some major renovations, in a pinch this is a step up from a motel 6 but not much. When I couldn't find a place to stay on a Saturday this was the only place available, there are no restaurants, stores or food without getting on the freeway and going south 2 exits. This might be an option if you just need a place to sleep and nothing else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

For the price this hotel cannot be beat! First of all, let me say I was immediately impressed by the customer service from Sergio at the front desk. It seemed a hectic night, and he juggled everyone efficiently. The rooms are noticeably on the older side of things, but they are well maintained and clean. And rather large actually. The AC is noisy though. The lobby was very nice and there is a free continental breakfast everyday.

For what you pay, this hotel is great. It is not luxurious, but a great place to spend the night!

Room Tip: It seems some people have issues with reservations, but I went through Priceline and had no issues w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is not safe when it comes to Hygiene. There was a strong smell of cat urine in the hallways and when we went to bed, we were bitten by unknown bugs. I stayed only four hours and left. Customer service is horrible, let alone they barely speak English. Unsafe and unhealthy, I would recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Read the reviews and ask before you buy a room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites values your patronage and your comments. We strive daily to maintain a high level of hospitality, service and clean rooms. We apologize for any inconveniences that presented themselves during your stay. To inform my entire staff speaks english. I have counseled my staff regarding other points you informed us about in your review. I would like to improve standards, so we keep your patronage and request more details about your stay here. Especially in regards to our service, who didn't speak English and guest room information. From our entire staff here we hope to see you again. We thank you for your helpful review.

Travelers are raving about these Camarillo hotels

California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Hotel needs major updating. Rooms were big but the decor is outdated, old carpet and shower. I got the yuck feeling when we first walked in. Horrible tv reception. The guest above me were very loud and we could every foot step. The outside and hotel lobby were clean. The breakfast was good. Hallways were very DIRTY. THE FRONT desk gentlemen was very friendly. But the girl who takes the reservations needs more training. She had my reservation wrong. Had me arriving one night early. The MANAGER was a JERK. saw him yell at a boy in the pool. The pool had wy too much clorine They need more staff. I would not recommend this place unless your on a very tight budget. There's a Hampton inn a couple exits before this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank desertchick27
Nancy M, Manager at Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites appreciates your time and your comments. We strive daily to maintain great service, clean rooms, and hospitality. We apologize for any inconveniences or ill feelings you experienced at our Inn. Our Operations Manager reported pool safety guidelines were being violated by a large group of people at the pool area that day. These guests were putting themselves and children at risk for injury. Severe or Minor, injuries aren't part of the experience we want for you at our Inn. Due to several violators he had to manage the situation. We care about the safety of our guests. One example, that was reported by the friendly gentlemen at the front desk were parents drinking from glass bottles by the pool area. This is very dangerous. Evidently, our operations manager had to step in to correct the situation.There are policies we abide by to protect guests from injury that may ruin the whole experience of being at our Inn. We hope that our response helps you see the other side of the motive of our actions. We do value your patronage and hope to see you back again. Due to your review I already counseled my staff on other reports derived from your comments regarding hallways and your guest room. We wished we could of transferred you to a better accommodation at our 100 room Inn. We will continue to strive to be the best lodging choice in Camarillo. Thank you again for your helpful review.-General Manager Nancy Mendoza 2012
encino
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here many times when it was the Country Inn & Suites. I figured, how bad could it be that the hotel was sold and the name changed? On a recent stay in May of 2012, I found out! The desk claimed they had no reservation for me. I made one on the internet, and showed them the print out. They said they were "booked for the weekend," but would see what they could do. This hotel operates on a minimal staff now. Only 1 person at the desk at all times, I was told. The line was long to check in. This same person has to also answer the phones, check people in, and leave the desk to see if a room is ready or not!
They said they realized the problem with my reservation was that no one at the hotel took it off the computer and entered it! I was given a first floor room with windows so dirty, you couldn't see out of. The lock was broken on the door. I went back to the desk to complain that I didn't feel safe. I was given another room after an additional hour of waiting for it to be cleaned at 4 p.m. as they have few maids also. This hotel is operating on a very low budget. I will not be returning to it again, after having enjoyed staying there for over 10 years.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda E
Nancy M, General Manager at Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites apologize for any ill feelings and inconveniences you experienced recently at our Inn. Service, Hospitality and clean rooms is what we strive daily to deliver at our Inn. The property was foreclosed for a long time, but we have been in business since late January. Several positive reviews have come from guests since we began on Hotels.com, TripAdvisor.com, Yelp.com and Orbitz.com. We are displeased we didn't meet your expectations and failed to get a positive review from you our valued guest. We will take your comments as a tool to improve and maintain our valued guests coming back time after time. Thank you again for your time, comments, and review.
Oxnard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I travel with my sister all over California. This must be the best Inn-hotel we've been to in Camarillo. I was surprised at how large the rooms were when we checked in. It made me wonder about the price I paid. The staff were so willing to help me and my sis with our luggage, directions, and wake up calls. Sergio really cared what type of preference we wanted our room location to be at. I think you should give this guy a raise. He is the ideal poster boy for hospitality. Angel made us a wonderful breakfast. I had an omlette, bagel and cheese, fruit and oatmeal to pack me full for all the shopping we were heading to do at the Camarillo Outlets. I'm still amazed on why we didn't see this place before. You guys continue to serve hospitality the way you do. We loved our time at your Inn.

Room Tip: They're huge, so I guess near elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

It said that "You pay cheap you get cheap.".The building looks great from the outside.Once you are inside you cna see its an old fascilitytouched up to look new.Dont know what the better rooms look like.But the one we got was big basically ok.Rug needs fixed.Details around shower needs fixed.Its not a chain hotel . I could find an owner. So dont expect good professional service . Ownership does not reflect the need for quality on this one.They are happy to take your money and no service.So only take this one if you dont care for quality.A bed and a bathroom.That did not even work when we took the room.Front desk did not know what to do with it when I called.We got ready on memorial day weekend to do without a working toilet.Fortunately someone with more sense got called and fixed the toilet.Last time Ill use this place.Stick to the big chains if you do not want a bad experience. low class!!!!

Room Tip: Not the ones by the desk.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alr4455
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
Residence Inn Camarillo
#4 of 10 in Camarillo

Been to Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!