“Not worth the money”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Orange Count
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

from past visits to other Holiday Inns I expected a nicer hotel.
The bathroom was so small you had to inch your way around the toilet in order to open the door. The hotel had a large number of softball players with their parents but you would have thought they were unsupervised.
The kids were running up and down the halls, playing hide and seek using the elevators, it made it impossible to have a much needed mid day nap. The doors have no sound proof capabilities, I will never stay here again,

• Liked — I could open the sliding glass door
  • Disliked — almost everthing, not worth my money
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

I was here on business and had a fine stay.

The free breakfast was better than most HI Expresses. Eggs and sausage or biscuits and gravy and eggs. 4 cereals. Bagels and blueberry muffins. Bananas and yogurt.

Internet access was good. Never had any issues with it and I was on 2nd floor at the very end.

Service was friendly

There is a place calls Sportsman bar next door. It looks to be a decent restaurant and a large bar area with a pool table. Happy hour specials are pretty good. I had mini corn dogs (good) and cheeseburger and fries and it was way too much food.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2008

I would like to thank you to all the staffs during my 4 days stayed here. I am extremely satisfied with our room . Beddings was cleaned, bed was comfortable, bathroom was cleaned. What else I can say, Oh the breakfast was yummy yummy. Every morning has a different menu. The parking was safe .We enjoyed our stays here, will definitely go back again.

• Liked — Easy access of 101
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Margarita
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2008

This place is wonderful and a great bargain, we paid 80$ for the night and included free parking (in a big facility) and a nice breakfast. Rooms are very nice and bed lining is all new and white (from pillows to comforter), soft and very comfy. If i had to go back to the area i would definitely stay here again, its a basic hotel that offers all you need for a good short stay at a very fair price.

• Liked — Bedding
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, Cal, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

I booked a one night stay in June for business, using the chain's website ([--]), and got a pretty decent rate. I was driving up from LA in the evening, so I called when I was on the way to make sure they were holding a room for me. I was assured they were holding a non-smoking room, but she were really glad I called because it was the last room available, and she was starting to wonder if I was coming.

Well I got there, and it smelled like someone had been in there smoking (heavily) within the previous hour or 2 -- and this is 10pm. So I went back to the desk to complain. Well, she had another room where someone had checked out early. That room smelled better. I think she knew more than she wanted to let on about that first room, but...

Two wishes -- better lighting, and a screen for the balcony door. I couldn't leave the door open because of bugs, but I wouldn't have needed to run the very noisy AC if I could have had the door open.

The breakfast was boring, but OK. I wouldn't have paid for it, but since it was included, I ate. Wireless internet was easy.

All in all, it was OK for one short night, and a solo traveler. It met my expectations, but they weren't high.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
OXNARD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2007

I stay at hotels all the time and the staff was great! They took the time to help us with anything! All willing to go the extra mile. The rooms were neat and clean! No major complaints.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights.....It's not the best i've been to nor is it the worst.
The room we had was very small (2 queens)...the bed was horrible as was the bedding. The hotel had kind of an odor which we really couldn't decide what it smelled like.
The bathroom had the worst design we had ever seen for a hotel...very small. Also, you couldn't be in the bathroom without shutting the door...whether doing hair or makeup, the door had to be shut.
One downer is the fact that they have sliding doors to each little patio for the rooms. However, it was pretty useless as there are no screens. We had to shut the door after about 30 seconds due to bugs/flys coming in through the open door.
The one great thing...their breakfast is wonderful!

• Liked — Breakfast was wonderful
  • Disliked — Bathroom layout
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Camarillo hotels