“Good Food, Excellent Service”
Review of Money Pancho

Money Pancho
Ranked #19 of 202 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have hear friends talk about Money Poncho we finally decided to drive the 11 miles from our home and try it! What a treat! The restaurant is decorated very cute. The hostess seated us right away. Within seconds a waiter was asking if we had ever been to the restaurant and giving us suggestions. We had the margarita in the clay cup. Delicious. Our food came out fresh and hot. My kids got the taco, burrito, and chicken tenders. The taco and burrito was a hit. The tenders not so much. I had a cheese enchilada with a chicken taco. Great! My husband had the chile/verde/colorado. He loved it.
Glad we finally tried this place!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Traveling through Camarillo, we were referred to this cozy, simply-decorated place, and were pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, but the service was excellent, with every staff person or manager at some point making sure we were being taken care of. I had the carne asada, which was first-rate, and was accompanied by an enchilada, good beans and rice. The salsa and chips were fresh and better than most, and served with them was a dish of pickled vegetables. If we lived in the area, we would go back, and it could become our old standby for Mexican food.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant in Camarillo. Now that I've moved away every time I come back for a visit I have to eat here. Especially on the occasion of my Birthday. Our service was just beyond horrible except the nice young blond bus boy. Different women would walk by our table and one of us would have to say, 'excuse me, could you bring some water, or more chips'. My mom finally handed the empty chip bowl to one woman and she rolled her eyes as she took it and walked away. About 15 min later someone else finally brought the chips back. Now you would think if we were out of chips the chances we would be out of salsa too would be pretty high. But alas, no salsa was forthcoming even after requested.. Then the 'waiter' shows up to take our order. We were sitting in the back room with only one other table behind us. The 'waiter' would for a fraction of a second look at who's order he wanted to take and that was the last of the eye contact. He was looking to the left and the right, over his shoulder, behind him as he was writing on the order pad which was another thing he didn't look at besides us. It was really rude that he was unable to make eye contact with any one of us while taking out orders. Then my meal came first. Only my meal. Which is my favorite soup with the 2 dozen shrimp. About 7 minutes later my moms 1 enchilada arrives. Then about 5 minutes after that my brother and nephews meals arrive. No one ever came back to ask us how our meals tasted or if we would like anything else. I only have a drink once a year on my birthday and finally when our table was being cleared I asked for another shot to add to my margarita. I think my family mentioned to every one who worked there from the hostess on that it was my birthday. I always get beyond embarrassed when I am sung 'Happy Birthday' to anywhere but I was surprised that no one acknowledged that it was my Birthday. The missed Birhtday part would be totally fine if the service had just been half way decent. I am truly Dissappointed. At least I have my left over soup. I guess when I return in November I'll get my order to go.

1  Thank Mudsharks
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We obviously love this place and the Family that owns and operates this great restaurant since 1998. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner there in December of 2000. Having been born and raised in Texas, I'm quite particular about Mexican food and find the chains to be be horribly inadequate. Money Pancho is unique in its freshness of food, inventive recipes and engaging staff. We won't go anywhere else for Mexican food, and neither do those we introduce to them. They also do off-site catering. Enjoy their award-winning margaritas and unlimited Sunday Brunch with champagne at your option!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We needed a place to have our daughter's Wedding Rehersal Dinner. My daughter wanted a place that had a separate room for privacy for our guest. On the phone the person was very nice and helpful. They were so very accomondating as unexpected people came to the dinner and they quickly rearranged the tables to fit everyone. They did this with a smile on their faces. The food was the best mexican food that I've had in a long time. If you're in Camarillo you must eat at Money Pancho.