“Great fly-in restaurant, excellent food”
Review of Waypoint Cafe

Waypoint Cafe
Ranked #2 of 202 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Airport restaurants can be a bit hit and miss... But this one is on the list for a return visit. We had a short wait for a table, but the food arrived promptly and was delicious. They had tri-tip on the BBQ and was extremely tasty.
Would definitely recommend...

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Flew in for a Sunday lunch, and it was packed. Told it would be a 30 minute wait, and was pleasantly surprised to be called after just 15 mins. Superb food, and great service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Waypoint Cafe is one of these restaurants you want to keep on your regular list. They have coffee out so you can get a cup if there is a wait.

The corned beef hash is all homemade and your eggs will be cooked as you requested. Although I usually go for breakfast, their lunch is also nice. Lunch is primarily sandwiches. The french fries (if you order them) are nice and crisp. I typically order fruit and it is a nice up of mixed fruit.

The staff are great from the hostess to the clean-up crew.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excellent food and service. Bonus....watch small airplanes taking off and landing at the Camarillo Airport.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a gem! My cousin's friend took us up in a helicopter out of Van Nuys, and we landed at Camarillo just for the cafe. This place is not at all what I expected. Upon entering, I was hit with the vibe of a local, charming diner. There was a 15 minute wait, and during the wait, I'm happy to report that the bathroom I used was very clean, which often is not the case.

We were seated outside (right next to the huge barbecue), and were quickly served our waters. I ordered the Pepperjack Turkey Melt with cole slaw. The food came out fairly quickly, and my melt was absolutely delicious--easily one of the best sandwiches I've had in a long time. The garlic bread wasn't too heavy and packed in a lot of flavor, the heaping amount of turkey was great, and the avocado provided some creaminess. Absolutely delicious. The cole slaw was alright, but it lacked flavor. I tried some sweet potato fries as well, and they were the best I've had.

Service was good--really nothing exceptional or horrible here, I had no issues. I'd absolutely recommend this place in a heartbeat. And oh yeah, it's at an airport, what a great setting!