“Great happy hour”
Review of Lure Fish House

Lure Fish House
Ranked #1 of 200 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Bar, American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant Hours: Happy Hour Sunday All day until 6:00 PM Monday - Friday 4:00 - 6:00 PM. Private Dining Room and Patio seating available! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
Boulder, Colorado
“Great happy hour”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

This is my favorite happy hour restaurant. The staff is friendly and the food is consistently good. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food. They probably have the best crab cakes I ever had. The calamari is lightly coated and is very good. The New England clam chowder is good but the manhattan chowder is not that great. Over all a great place for happy hour.

Visited April 2014

Portsmouth, Virginia
“ALL the seafood is (at least somewhat) SUSTAINABLE!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Friends, please go and support this wonderful establishment. They've got it all: great food, great service, and something that is so rare but SO important-- they serve sustainable seafood. They abide by the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Guidelines and do not serve any of the options in the "Avoid" category. This is a huge deal to me, as my diet is vegetarian with the occasional seafood splurge-- and if the seafood is not sustainable, I will not eat it. There are so few restaurants that are willing to go this route, but I hope that they will see how popular and successful Lure is, and emulate their strategy. A tip to the owners of Lure: you should broadcast, far and wide, front and center, that your offerings are sustainable. I was not aware of this until I asked our server which items were sustainable, and she replied that EVERYTHING suited the bill! Earlier on, we were trying to decide between several restaurants as our choice for the evening, and though we ultimately chose Lure based on strong reviews, had I known about the sustainability aspect, we would have immediately headed right on over with no further discussion.

Ok, enough of that. The food was awesome. We had charbroiled oysters (oh my heavens!), sand dabs (swoon!) and a "spicy" seafood pasta dish which was very tasty, but had no discernible heat. The bread that was brought to the table was warm and crusty, and we used it to sop up juicy bits from the oyster dish. SO GOOD.

Our server, Autumn, was a standout. Genuinely friendly, helpful, and refreshingly honest. We asked her if what we ordered would be enough for four people, and her reply was "probably, and you can always order more if you need." No pressure at all to add on to our tab. Her suggestions were spot-on.

I would absolutely be a regular if I didn't live across the country. This will be my first stop the next time I am in LA!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank claratea
Camarillo, California
“Consistently Good Seafood”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

There is often a wait but it is well worth it. We try to go here a couple of times a month. Great atmosphere, great service. We love to sit at the bar while we wait for our table. My favorite drink - Limoncello martini! We love the Sand Dabs, Crab Cake Salad, Pacific Seabass, the potato side dish and more.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Brenda F
Ventura County, CA
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have visited all Lure locations and all have been great. The food is very good and usually local, which makes it even better. The service is always friendly and I would highly recommend any of their locations.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank VCAngels
Camarillo, California
“Delicious fish entrees”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Lure has a few locations in Ventura County and I've been to them all. The fish is always fresh and the entrees are delicious.

• Visited September 2013