“Business Trip to Point Mugu”
Review of Lure Fish House

Lure Fish House
Ranked #1 of 203 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Hours: Happy Hour Sunday All day until 6:00 PM Monday - Friday 4:00 - 6:00 PM. Private Dining Room and Patio seating available! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
Chula Vista, California
“Business Trip to Point Mugu”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was on my way to Point Mugu (near Camarillo, CA) on a business trip. After three and a half hours of driving, I finally reached my destination. After settling in, I decided to stop in this restaurant for dinner. It was the best decision I made this whole trip. I arrived during their happy hour, so I sat at the bar as the place was really busstling. I tried out their Baja Fish Taco and a cup of Clam Chowder. They were both very good! I then ordered their Wild Canadian Ling Cod with spinach and rice pilaf. The fish was outstanding and was cooked to perfection! That was my first time trying Canadian Cod and I must say that it was probably one of the better fishes I have ever eaten. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great with everyone looking like they were all having a great time. The service was very quick and efficient. Overalla great dinner and not bad on prices either. I will definitely return on my next trip up there.

1 Thank Pablo C

Pasadena, California
“It is the best!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I didn't expect to find a good restaurant in a shopping center, but after a referral from a friend I had the best fish dinner! The restaurant is clean, modern decor, and the food and service is great. If you like healthy, well prepared food (fish) this is the place for you.

Carpinteria, California
“Updating My Review”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I first reviewed Lure Fish House in February after my wife and I tried it one night. After writing my review, I was contacted by the general manager. She apologized for our less than desired experience and asked us to come back and try them again. I do my best to be fair in my reviews of all the places that I try on my travels and since this place was local, and the fact that the GM cared enough to read the reviews and respond, I took her up on the offer. This time we had a much better experience. This time we arrived we were again seated promptly and our waitress was immediately at our table. Overall service was great. I did not let them know we were invited back by the GM until after our meal so that we could get (and give) a fair assessment. We both ordered our meals and this time they turned out much better. I think primarily because my wife ordered the fish and was asked how she wanted it cooked. If you don't like medium rare fish, then be sure to ask for it to be medium. Overall I am still a fan of the atmosphere of the place and of course the creamed corn dish is great. I appreciate the GM's thoughtfulness of reading reviews and trying to make bad experiences better. It is rare when it happens even though social media is such a big way people find places to eat and stay in our new digital age. As my wife states in her review, we would go back to Lure's again.

Ventura, California
“Much better this time around”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My review is a continuation of my husbands review below that reads" wish it was better." After posting our review the manager contacted us and asked us to give them a second chance and they would comp the meal. We did return. I ordered a different meal than the first time. Our waitress was great along with the manager on site that evening. I ordered the salmon. I think the difference between this meal and our first experience is that the waitress asked me "How do you like your fish cooked because the chef likes to cook it medium rare?" Aha! Now that makes sense. The first time I visited I ordered MahiMahi and the fish was medium and rare in some areas. I thought that unless you are eating sushi all fish had to be cooked well. Hhhhmmmm. Maybe someone should tell that to Gordan Ramsey when he is yelling at people on his show for sending rare cooked fish to the counter.
Overall, this second visit was much better and we would return.

• Visited February 2013
Quartz Hill, California
“Lured for sure!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Lot's of seafood selection. Fresh samon and excellent, light crispy fish and chips. Nice bar and large wine selection. Good service. A little pricey, but worth the money.

Visited March 2013

Been to Lure Fish House? Share your experiences!