“Good pizza though a bit pricey”
Review of D'Amore's Pizza

D'Amore's Pizza
Ranked #66 of 202 Restaurants in Camarillo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This restaurant (part of a chain) has supposedly been rated as having the best pizza in America. I don't even think it's the best in Camarillo. It's not bad though. We had the thin crust pizza. It was very thin and crispy but there's not much to it. We had the family size pizza and I doubt if the whole pizza even weighed a pound. Very little sauce or cheese. That pizza with one topping cost $21 plus tax. They may not have the best pizza in Camarillo, but it just might be the most expensive!

2  Thank ughdoug4
There are newer reviews for D'Amore's Pizza

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I love the fact that it's low gluten, low fat & taste is amazing! Good deal at restaurant.com too!

Reviewed January 15, 2012

The service is really good and everyone is very friendly. The food is delicious and you can order pizza by the slide freshly made. The pasta is very good and on top of that the atmosphere is very relaxing where all the family can enjoy and have a great time. Further more this is one the very few restaurants where you can find the beer Peroni (Italian beer) on top. They play nice italian music mix with old school Frank Sinatra and others.
Great place for a date or to go and have a nice time with friends or family........

Reviewed October 31, 2011

overpriced...sun in eyes throughout dining. If you have allergies to foods DO NOT COME HERE! There were 16 of us, not one person had fish at the table. Just my eating fettucini Alfredo which tasted like the bottom of a milk carton, disgusting! I ate the bread and olive mixture spread. Our dish was fine, the family had passed the rest down from the other side and I took a swipe with my bread and said WOW this tastes like fish and passed it back. 20 minutes later 3 benadryls were needed to stop my throat from closing. Called and asked what was in the mixture and they only named a couple of items. So cross contamination or someone poured fish oil in that bowl! Still have white tongue and swollen throat :( I am thankful I brought in mc Donalds for my 8 yr old. He's gluten free and peanut! I see they serve gluten free pizza, honestly I would not trust this place. I'm allergic to fish and they managed to cross contaminate that. My son would have needed his epi pen :( Not cool. Our bill was pretty high! Not one person said yummy :(

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Being from Boston, I have to say this is the closest I get to home... The pie tastes exactly like eastcoast pie! Not like the garbage 'pizza' around here (papa johns, dominos etc). My family and I love picking up a pie at least once a week.... Deliciously crispy and cheesy- we love it.
We stopped in once and decided to eat in. They have this chef from Italy who actually came to our table and introduced himself carrying a homemade cannoli for my wife and I! We instantly fell in love and now dine in more often.
The overall atmosphere gives a similar feel as to when your having dinner at a close friends. The staff keeps the place feeling comfortable- adorable, smiley girl greeting at the door.. friendly waiters that actually conversate with guests not just toss food on the table.. And there's almost always someone behind the bar pouring drinks for the guests waiting for pie to take out. I would definately recommend d'amores's to anyone looking for a small, friendly place with amazing eastcoast pie and Italian food to die for. Thanks.

Been to D'Amore's Pizza? Share your experiences!